My first tear sheet

inTempus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Back story:

I work in advertising but on the technology side. Our company is about 600 people in size with offices across the US and Europe.

Today while working from home I got an IM from a Creative Director in my office. He said, "Hey you're a photographer right?" to which I responded "yes".

He said that he had seen some of my pics on Facebook (we use it as a company) and asked if I had any shots of my son holding an iPhone he could use for a project. His team is putting together a new marketing piece and needed an image that fit the feeling of the creative better than the iStock images they had found.

I told him I didn't have anything on hand, but since I was working from home I could quickly shoot something. He agreed and gave me the details of how he wanted the shot laid out. Following his direction I dressed my son, positioned some hot lights (I couldn't flash I discovered because it caused the screen to black out on the iPhone) and shot a few sequences.

I sent them over and he responded "perfect!" Here's a capture of the draft PDF file where he's using the stock photo of my son with the iPhone.

690177068_nq9Wc-X2.jpg

I know, it's not much but I was stoked!

My son got his first modeling gig at age 1. I was hoping he would be a photographer like his dad, but I'll take it.

I thought I would share.

That's awesome! Congratulations to both you and your son. :thumbup:

Thanks guys. :) Once the print run is done, I'll have to stick a copy away for my son so when he's older he can tell his girlfriend he used to be a male model.

LOL

Congrats that's awesome! Nice shot too by the way. Hopefully this will open more doors for you at work as well.

cool man... congrats!

time to parlay this into an film commercials... then acting... ooo u gonna be able to buy all the gear you ever wanted :p

Most reactions

Back