my first time shooting people

kyle9128

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was just at a local park with some friends during the day in some harsh light, they were all candid and had really like PP on them just added some vins and a little level work. C&C please. I know some parts may be blown out. It bothers me too
IMG_9666.jpg

IMG_9667.jpg

IMG_9674.jpg

IMG_9708.jpg

Two points: Fill-flash and composition. All of the images with the possible exception of #2 would have benefitted from fill light. The main issue though is composition and positioning. The backgrounds, while softly focused are very distracting. Pay special attention to issues such as that in #3 where you have the pole growing out of the centre of the subject's head. More often than not, a slight move by either photographer or subject can make all the difference.

Yes i agree with that fill flash would be perfect but alas i am 17 and broke. So i just have to work on positioning and working with ambient light a bit better.

Yes i agree with that fill flash would be perfect but alas i am 17 and broke. So i just have to work on positioning and working with ambient light a bit better.

You don't have to have money to get fill flash going in your shots. First of all you can try the built in flash (I know they're not the best) and just play around with the intensity of it. You could probably crank it all the way down and see what happens. Or, get some tin foil, attach it a piece of cardboard, and you have your reflector which would probably work better than the on camera flash. Try it out, see what happens :)

Most reactions

Back