my first 'trash the dress'

holga girl

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i did the best i could with these. her skin came out a little too 'bronzy' for my taste in some of these, but when i tried to edit she looked a little clownish. if anyone has some tips for shooting a darker skinned person at sunset that would be great.

i used a silver reflector on most of these, some fill flash, but not too much. tried to take advantage of the available light.

these are just a few, i have more to edit and will post them later....

please c&c and feel free to edit.

thanks!

jennifer

cofield-1664.jpg

cofield-1651.jpg

cofield-1646.jpg

cofield-1641.jpg

_DSC1298.jpg

These are so cool, arent trash the dress fun? I think in some her skin has a sort of bluish tint to it. Without being able to see exactly what her skin looks like in person I can only guess but I played with the colors a bit and added some yellow and a teeny red. Also unsharp mask and whitened her eyes and addeda tiny bit of contrast. I like your composition and ideas. :)

I have heard before I think but I'm not sure that for darker skin tones you should use a gold reflector? I can't remember but I'm sure you can ask someone about that. ;)

cofield-1651.jpg

cofield-1641.jpg

thanks! i had planned to use a gold reflector and one of the photographers i shoot for told me i should go with silver. he said that the gold turns thier skin a bit more yellow. none of the ones i posted above show the 'bronzy' skin i was talking about. when i finish with them i will post them so you can see them.

i did feel that the set above was a little too blue. unfortunatly, it did not post my edited images, it posted them before the edit. i am still learning light room.

okay, here are some of these pics re-edited as well as the other edited pics. (i am slowly but surely learning light room)

cofield-1641copy.jpg

cofield-1529copy.jpg

cofield-1449copy.jpg

cofield-1448copy.jpg

cofield-1314copy.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back