My First Very Shoot with a Western Model ~ Yulka S.

JohnKokWithAdSLR

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is Yulka =)

yulduzvoguefashionista.jpg
Yulduzposingwithachair.jpg

cheersforapondereryulduz.jpg
yulduzsmillingintherain.jpg

yulduzshamirzaevaprettyrussianyouth.jpg

C & C welcome, please be harsh as possible, I wish to learn

EXIF
#1 - 1/80, f4.0, ISO 200, 50 mm 550D
#2 - 1/200, f4.0, ISO 200, 50 mm 550D
#3 - 1/160, f4.0, ISO 200, 50 mm 550D
#4 - 1/100, f4.0, ISO 200, 50 mm 550D
#5 - 1/200, f4.0, ISO 200, 50 mm 550D

Sorry about the small pictures, got bigger ones here

Artistically Scientific Side of Things

I am mainly here for technical improvement but please allow me the opportunity to share a little bit about my actual work.

All these photos that I posted all along are actually from my invention of an article that I hope can help us, through pictures and words, understand another person to a certain degree.

Rather than on a per-picture basis, kindly consider my work through an overall point of view, piecing together all the photos and words into a bigger picture.

The full article for Yulka can be found here

I would be grateful for any feedback at all as they are valuable for my experiment’s progress. Thank you ;-)

Not a C&C on these photos but more of an overall observation, You need to get some lighting.
The style you are going for with models and fashion needs lighting, natural light is good, but in a case like this were the backgrounds are being over exposed so badly you need to add light.

Blow out background and under exposed subject. I would have metered for the background and used some type of lighting on the subject.

Not a C&C on these photos but more of an overall observation, You need to get some lighting.
The style you are going for with models and fashion needs lighting, natural light is good, but in a case like this were the backgrounds are being over exposed so badly you need to add light.

Absolutely right.

While I would tend to agree with the comments on the lighting...I love #4. I like the bright blown background, I think it works for me because she is wearing white pants...the pose is cheerful, and the whole scene is light and airy, like getting out on the first beautiful spring day after a long winter.

#2 though, I feel could benefit from a wee bit more light, BUT, I do think the light defines her face well, with the bit of light spilling across her nose and highlighting her left cheek.

I think the pose is a little too pensive in #3 to work with the brightness I like in #4.

#5 really needs some light on her hair. It's too dark and I think it really takes away from the focus. Least liked of the bunch.

Indeed =( good new is that i just bought reflector ! hahaha

Blow out background and under exposed subject. I would have metered for the background and used some type of lighting on the subject.

indeed =(

While I would tend to agree with the comments on the lighting...I love #4. I like the bright blown background, I think it works for me because she is wearing white pants...the pose is cheerful, and the whole scene is light and airy, like getting out on the first beautiful spring day after a long winter.

#2 though, I feel could benefit from a wee bit more light, BUT, I do think the light defines her face well, with the bit of light spilling across her nose and highlighting her left cheek.

I think the pose is a little too pensive in #3 to work with the brightness I like in #4.

#5 really needs some light on her hair. It's too dark and I think it really takes away from the focus. Least liked of the bunch.

hmm ... indeed, I shall work more on the lighting =( I am weak in this, and especially the fact that I didnt have the reflector really ruined everything

Yes #4 i so far the best among the series but I am not happy with the color and white balance

Somehow I just feel that all the colors are not in harmony with each other

Most reactions

Back