My first video edit

Robin Usagani

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
If you have 15 minutes to spare. This is a video summarizing the first year of their lifes. I have never edited a video before. It took me super long but I am glad I did it. I picked up a DSLR when they were about 2 months. This is a mix between a point of shoot and dslr photos and videos. You should be able to view them. It is a facebook link.

[video=facebook;1861414539832]http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1861414539832&saved[/video]

Hey. I do a lot of video editing for youtube and, in my opinion, this is a great start to your home movie making. First of all, I think it's fantastic that you took the time and had the patience to consistently record their lives. Your children are absolutely beautiful! Babies don't move around nearly as much as toddlers and make perfect models for video; great job taking advantage of that! Ok so about the video:
1. Your photos showed a nice progression and I liked that you included multiple in a scene, but they outnumbered the video. It's really more of a slideshow with a few videos, which is fine, but if you have some more footage you might want to consider replacing some photos to balance it out.
2. Some of the video and a couple of the photos are upside down or horizontal. I don't know if you did that intentionally, but as a viewer it didn't make much sense.
3. My favorite scene was probably 2:04-2:13. It fit wonderfully with the music and was really touching.
4. It's a little long, but since it's a home video, that's not a problem.
My suggestion would be to make a separate slideshow video for photos, and strip this project to the video, photos of them at each month, and important story-telling photos. In other words, try to move the extra ones into a slideshow (I know it's hard to pick which photos--they're all cute!) Also, what software are you using to edit?

Overall, it's an impressive start and you should keep up the good work!

If I had to start over again we would have taken more video. But unfortunately we did not. We always have our hands full LOL. Thanks!

On the top of that my wife broke our point and shoot camera and we take videos mostly with that. My wife doesnt know how to do video with the DSLR because it requires manual focus to get good videos. I work most of the time :(.

:D gotcha

lovely job nonetheless!

OMG......... I have tears! that is all I can say because this is amazing! Thank you for sharing, anyone who sees this will love it!

Thanks crystal! You bumping this thread makes me want to go home and spend time with them. Work sucks.

They were SO little! It amazes me how fast babies grow! Your little girls are beautiful, and I loved this video! :)

Most reactions

Back