My First Wedding - Adventures in Phototaking!

Congrats on the first and good job. I would be more careful in the future to make sure the Horizon is level (you can always fix it in a crop later).

All in all good job. :thumbup:

Your second set of photos are generally really good! I can see some issues with color, brightness (underexposure), and skin tone on some of them, but several of them are sharp as a tack! And depth of field is especially good in #4 and #8. Also, very interesting perspective of the wine bottle and glass in #10. And very appropriate soft glows around the bride and groom during their tender moments. Nice mix of fun shots as well. Well done! :D

I'd say you did a great job and under some trying circumstances (which, as mentioned, is par for the course in wedding photography).

There are a few technical issues here and there...but it looks like you captured the emotion of the day, which is often much more important to the clients.

I wish I could tell you other weddings will go easier, but they don't. I can count maybe 4 or 5 weddings I've photographed that actually started on time. And they always cut back photographer time, not party time, and then blame you if they don't see all the photographs they thought they'd see. Ya gotta LOVE this business, otherwise it would drive you crazy!
I gotta second this one! It's so true. Photographer time is always cut out and then they get upset when I can't get every single picture they wanted.

I don't want to sound as if I was downing your images because for a first attempt I enjoyed them. Second set I'd not seen on the web site and they are very good compositions too. Fix the colour differences and they'd be even better.

:D

I don't want to sound as if I was downing your images because for a first attempt I enjoyed them. Second set I'd not seen on the web site and they are very good compositions too. Fix the colour differences and they'd be even better.

:D

Not at all JD... I understood.

Check out this latest batch, I like them more than the first, probably because they are candids:

http://www.rmtimages.com/Wedding 2

Looks like you captured the story of a great day.

Hey you did great! Better than I did - notice I'm not posting mine!!! LOL
I'm glad you ended up with satisfying shots! :)

Wow! :) I'm inspired and scared by your story! I am shooting my first wedding in August and agree that this forum is such an invaluable tool. I'm no expert, but I wanted to give a little input for you.

DSC 0038- I LOVE this picture. If I were the bride, this could very well be my favorite. You captured such a perfect moment. The look in his face is so genuine and sweet!

DSC 0054- Great capture of a real moment. I love how natural it looks. They seem like they are having a great time. While I like the rule of thirds on this, the guest in the mirror (or across the divide) on the left is a bit distracting. I'm not sure if cropping is the best option?

DSC 0379- Great Vodka ad ;)

DSC 0346- Wonderfully artistic and simplistic. I love the Sepia. This shot makes me think of a flower- appropriate for the flower girl :)

DSC 0291- Great shot. I only wish the whole cake was in the shot.

Thanks so much for sharing your experience and your photos. Fantastic job! :)

Wow! :) I'm inspired and scared by your story! I am shooting my first wedding in August and agree that this forum is such an invaluable tool. I'm no expert, but I wanted to give a little input for you.

DSC 0038- I LOVE this picture. If I were the bride, this could very well be my favorite. You captured such a perfect moment. The look in his face is so genuine and sweet!

DSC 0054- Great capture of a real moment. I love how natural it looks. They seem like they are having a great time. While I like the rule of thirds on this, the guest in the mirror (or across the divide) on the left is a bit distracting. I'm not sure if cropping is the best option?

DSC 0379- Great Vodka ad ;)

DSC 0346- Wonderfully artistic and simplistic. I love the Sepia. This shot makes me think of a flower- appropriate for the flower girl :)

DSC 0291- Great shot. I only wish the whole cake was in the shot.

Thanks so much for sharing your experience and your photos. Fantastic job! :)

You are too kind! Thank you! I am blushing!

meh, i liked the one with the cake but try not to center it too much, just to give it more character

Most reactions

New Topics

Back