My first wedding C&C welcome

Puma

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit

This was my first wedding as a photographer. I didnt tackle it by myself. I joined up with a business partner that has already done a bunch of weddings...just in case. But anyway here are some of my pics that I have on this computer.

I have some other ones I would like to share... but I will have to upload them later. And I know how everyone feels about selctive color... but the bride specifically asked for a these to be done.

1DSC_0208.jpg

2DSC_0015.jpg

2DSC_0029select.jpg

1DSC_0100edit.jpg

2DSC_0216.jpg

Thanks,
-Puma-

im a noob so i will leave any technical critiques to the pros on here, but i am a recent groom and i will share my thoughts from that side of things.

in #1 there's a lot of distractions like the mic, the part of the green plant, the white flower holder, and the random white thing on the left of the pic. also with the wide depth of field i find myself looking at the trees in the background.

in #2 the lions head is directly behind her head and looks odd. like #1 i find myself looking at the bricks and pillar in the background.

#3 you cut off part of the bouquet.

I'm a noob, too, so no technical things but I have to say - that shot of the rings is a really REALLY cool idea. I LOVE it!

Congats on your first wedding. As for C&C:

1) Its okay. there issomething white on the left side that can be cropped or cloned out. Good detail in the dress, but you can take out the blue tone in post.

2) Cute shot, nice expression on the bride. Ithink this would look much better if you were to crop in closer. The fountain in the background is distracting.

3) The horizon isnt level and the bouquet is cropped. they are right in the centre as well - I think I would lose this one.

4) Selective color doesnt work for me, although I understand that your client asked for it. With a shot like this, be aware of the background. Just because things are out of focus int he back, doesnt mean they wont be a distraction. The door, wall, thing hanging on the wall all pull away from the flowers.

5) Great concept and dof, but again the background ruinis it for me.

I think that for your fist time out you did okay! I have only been doing weddings for a year, and you will be amazed how much you will grow and find your style!

Good luck.

4)

Thanks you guys

Rub I am going to try and fix all the things you mentioned that are fixable... Thanks for taking the time :)

-Puma-

i think they look good.there is allways something that can be done better.your lens seems very sharp on my screen

In addition to the comments noted above, with which I agree, I will add that all of the images need to be leveled (This should be one of the very first steps in your workflow) and your mono conversions are a tad on the muddy side. I would also suggest taking advantage of your lens; you've got a f2.8 lens, why not shoot wide open. Images 1, 2, and 3 would be, IMO, much improved if shot with a wider aperture to render the background softer and less distracting.

All of that aside, these are a good first attempt. Keep at it!

I would also suggest shooting vertical. Horizontial always looks like snapshots. Especially with portraits of just a few people.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back