my first wedding: horror story

i'm happy for you that have found the photo's!! that must have been a nightmare. But its a good thing for me to keep in mind as I have my first wedding is feb!!

Now, am I the only one that really wants to see some of the photo's now!! :lmao:

Good news indeed!

Anyway, you probably had the lns cap in the camera bag, the card landede on the cap, and then you put in the camera, and click the lens cap got attached to the lens, with the card in between.

I just wonder why you did not take the lens cap off for so long ;)

wow...i would like to welcome you to the rest of the world. you must be clueless to think that "everyone who gets married" can spend thousands on a wedding. That is just ignorant.
you really think two people who make 20,000 per year can spend 1,000 bucks on a photographer?

Ignorance is calling someone ignorant without knowing facts. ;) My facts come from national US surveys.

As fun as it is to quote both random numbers and actual statistics it makes no real sense either way. One of my friends has an excellent job, a huge income, and is flat broke with his huge mortgage, and 2 cars to pay off. I on the other hand earnt less than $10000 so far this year and spend $2000 of those on a computer monitor.

People may spend a lot on weddings, but saying if someone has a wedding then they can afford a professional photographer is very short sighted. (for reference my aunt's wedding cost $2000, was fantastic. I did the photos because she didn't want to pay another $4000 for a pro)

YAY!!! Glad you found it!!!
I cannot COUNT how many times I have lost lens caps, misplaced USB cables, and all of that.
And the most amazing part to me is, anytime an accessory is removed from my camera (lens cap, USB cable), it goes directly BACK INTO my camera bag.
I think I have a camera bag fairy that likes to put my my stuff in different pockets in my bag. Because I inevitably will find these things, in my bag, days after I no longer need it.

While I agree that a staged re-shooting is not realistic, I still wonder, you rent tuxes for weddings? And what you mean by "all the tuxes", do even the guests rent them? Please excuse my ignorance with weddings on your side of the ocean.

Lol, don't worry Alex, us North Americans are a strange bunch:lol::lol::drool:

who said they only make 20k a year?

I never said that. I just said they couldnt afford a pro would charge thousands of dollars most likely. Ill have a few pictures posted in a bit.

That is not a horror story. Why would you say that someone stole it? Anyone in that wedding, against their marriage? Well, what happened to you is a lesson. You have to learn from it. Do not leave your things unattended.

I am glad you found the lost memory card.

Just wondering ... did you measure how big your grin was when you found the memory card?

Who's clueless now, bud?

Man this turned into a e-peen clash contest pretty soon.

The point is simply, some people just do NOT have the green to pay a "pro" to do their wedding. When you are compartmentalizing what you need dont need - its very easy for a "pro" to shoot your wedding to go out that window, especially if you "know" someone who is "into" photography.

That is not a horror story.

If I lost the photographs of my best friends wedding, I'd be pretty horrified. Well not horrified. But I would feel like a right dick.

GOOD NEWS!

The card was found today. I had the camera and i was doing some school assignment...When i went to take the lens cap off the camera, the card fell out. The card SOMEHOW got in between the lens and the lens cap. Im not sure how in the hell that happened, or how the lens cap even fit right. Talk about a luckkkkkky find.

Still clueless has to how it got there. the camera never left my hand that night until it went in the case.

You have GOT to be kidding me.
Clearly the only logical thing you could think of was not logical at all and that you misplaced it, which was the most logical explanation. I sure as hell hope you didn't tell anyone else but us that you thought a guest of the wedding stole it.

hmph. nope. never told anyone else my thoughts. was just stunned that i so vividly remember putting it in my case and it not being there the next time i opened it up.

*gathers courage back up again*
Shooting kickboxing tomorrow. :) will not loose a card this time.
Actually just got my replacement cards in today because i bought 2 new ones to replace the one i lost. So now i have 4 more gigs of head room. 14 kickboxing fights tomorrow. I'll be snapping away happily.

I save that much in 6 months and I have no job at all right now.
How do you save 20K in 6 months without a job? Are you talking Jap currency?:lmao:

I'm glad you found the card Shawn! Must be a relief of epic proportions.

So, what is the lesson learned here? I would say always wear clothes that has a pocket with zipper and store the cards in a memory card case. It's a little bit bigger and doesn't get lost that easy, and besides it keeps your cards clean and protected. After a days shooting those little buggers might be the most valuable component in your gear. I might be a little paranoid, but that's how I do when I am on a mission.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back