My first wedding! yay! C&C please!

sara bird

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are a couple from my first wedding this weekend. I have a photographer friend who let me come along and be a second photographer so I could get some practice. I would really appreciate some feedback!

zzz5.jpg

zzz3.jpg

zzz2.jpg

zzz6.jpg

zzz4.jpg

zzz1.jpg

I think you did well for a first wedding but my feedback is as follows:

1. I'm not crazy about the composition and I can't make out what the bride is doing....it seems she's trying to fix her hair and that doesn't strike me as a "catch that moment" photo.

3. The gown in the background is very distracting and the child's face, while adorable, is too dark and seems to have a gray overcast.

4. I really like this shot! My only issues with it (nit picking) is that the hair on the left side of the photo is distracting me and I wish the reflection wasn't in her eye...otherwise beautiful capture!

Nice job.

Dude you got talent. Those are truly pro quality.

Hope it was ok to say dude to a chick. How is it that girls are the new force in photography?

I think you did well for a first wedding but my feedback is as follows:

1. I'm not crazy about the composition and I can't make out what the bride is doing....it seems she's trying to fix her hair and that doesn't strike me as a "catch that moment" photo.

3. The gown in the background is very distracting and the child's face, while adorable, is too dark and seems to have a gray overcast.

4. I really like this shot! My only issues with it (nit picking) is that the hair on the left side of the photo is distracting me and I wish the reflection wasn't in her eye...otherwise beautiful capture!

Nice job.

Thank you for the imput!
I see what your saying in #1 but I feel I should explain that the photo was suppose to be more about the flowers ( the groom sent them to her while she was getting ready) but I still wanted her in the backround.

1 is ok but seems snapshotish
2 is blurry, unflattering and snapshotish
3 woudl be ok but that dress in the background is distracting and weirdly placed. also snapshotish
4,5 and 6 are my favorites but they need some post processing work

nice work for a first try

what would you suggest?

Here is a quick edit of one of them. You should look up wedding portraiture and look at a LOT of photos. Then compare them to your own and see what yo ucan do better! Work on your composition skills and then spend a lot of time playing with the post processing with the very basics done, in terms of color, sharpening, contrast and brightness. Vingetting is also very popular with wedding photographs... Good luck in the future! :hug::
fhg-3.jpg

kellylindsey...I really don't like your touch-up of the photo. I think you have made the make-up that she is wearing very thick looking. I think it has too much sharpening and maybe too much contrast.

As for the OP. Glad to hear you were a second, that is the best way to learn in my opinion. As for your photos...

#1...okay I guess, just nothing that amazing...maybe black & white?

#2...blurry...thats it! Needs to be trashed.

#3...flat lit and a little too dim.

#4...nice shot. Could use a little vignette and maybe some saturation.

#5...too much going on.

#6...one thing...she has great lips!

The last shot is my favorite!

that edited version by kellylindsey needs to be taken off- it simply sucks

I myself actually like the edit - since your opinion isn't the only one that counts maybe you should keep your negative thoughts to yourself. Since they don't even help the OP in the first place maybe there's just no point to it.

On the images I think you di dnice for your first wedding. I see where you were oging with the first one. That is very creative in thought process and I think if you keep trying to think out of the box you'll do really well.
The second one I agree that it look like you missed the focus but again, good trying ot capture the moment.
The little girl in munber 3 is adorable and I think that shot may have worked better if you had gotten fone on her level more, the more of the bride would have been visible oof in the bachground making for a bit less confusing comp.
The last three I think she looks beautiful. They're a bit dark but I think it sort of works there. Good job!

Most reactions

Back