My First Wedding

fuzzydice

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I was wondering if I could get some feedback on these shots and other critiques on how I can get better.

Thanks!

pv1.jpg

pv3.jpg

pv5.jpg

pv6.jpg

pv8.jpg

pv11.jpg

Excellent! #3 & #4 really stand out to me. You've got a great style and a good ability to capture the emotion.

4, 5 & 6 are well done especially #4.

Here are my thoughts on the rest:
1. Looks like bit of camera shake, or soft focus. Probably you weren't allowed any flash during the ceremony, so maybe a faster lense is the only answer here. Also, I would rather have seen them standing on something and not included the lights over thier heads.

2. Kind of snap-shotty here. Light isn't controlled very well, the grooms face is halfway in shadow, and the background is a tad cluttered.

3. I like this shot alot, except--oh my GOD!! They don't have any legs!! :mrgreen: If this is their first dance, full length would have been really important here. Pull back a bit and this would have been a great shot.

Good job for your first wedding!!

Welcome to the forum....nice work

I LOVE the flower girl pic! The only suggestions I might have is crop out the overhead lights on the first pic and crop in to 1/2 torso on the dancing shot since you didn't get their feet - other than that everything is fantastic!

wonderful!! I love the one with a little girl!!!

Really love 3 and 4.

thanks so much for all the comments!

i do regret not photographing the lower half of their bodies in shot 3. oh well, live and learn.

as i'm a pro wedding photog, i can offer a tip regarding #3. it's a great shot and could be done much better. next time get down on 1 knee and shoot with the top chandalier as is but if you shoot them from below it will look much nicer then the way it looks now. i know what you were trying to do but some people won't understand what you shooting for, to much headroom and a 3/4 shot. next time shoot up get the whole shandalier and only 1/2 body will be much more pleasing. you might try shooting with a little angle to the shot. good luck..

#3 and 4 are awesome. #1 is great but could use a little less crop off the top as well as a dimmer background and a slight more gaussian blur. great job!

Most reactions

Back