My First Wedding

No guts Robin, I turned it down. :)
But I did tell her I would be a second shooter if that was okay with her and the photographer she chooses.

I honestly don't know my camera frontwards and backwards yet. I wouldnt be confident that i could switch settings quickly emough and i would miss something.

Thank you to everyone for all the tips, comments, and advice, it is much appreciated. If I do second shoot, I'll be sure to post some shots.

So I didn't take the job and I'm glad I didn't. I still rented a 24-70 f2.8L just so I could take some shots while I was there. The main photographer was okay with that.

During the ceremony, I didn't use my flash bc I didn't want to affect any of her shots. And the preacher asked that we not use flash if we didn't have to. But it was DARK in there. I had to shoot 1/50 @ 2.8 and ISO 6400 just to be able to see anything. And I was at a weird angle in the front of the chapel bc the main photographer was shooting from the back down the aisle. So any of those shots will prob be grainy if not affected by camera blur. I didn't have to stress though bc I didn't accept the job.

She was shooting with a 5D and 24-105 f4L pretty much the entire time with a speedlite on camera. Before the ceremony I asked her what settings she planned on using. She said she justs shoots in Av mode and changes her ISO. I would have thought shooting in manual would be better for more control of settings but to each his own I guess. I will post a few shots once I edit them. And thanks again for everyone's advice on this situation.

@gsgary- not sure what you mean? If I rented all the lenses I mentioned in my original post? Since I didn't accept I just rented the 24-70 so I could try it out.

@gsgary- not sure what you mean? If I rented all the lenses I mentioned in my original post? Since I didn't accept I just rented the 24-70 so I could try it out.

Yes you wrote you were going to rent all 4 lenses, i would have rented the 16-35 f2.8 for a crop body (no i wouldn't i have everything i need :) )

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

Most reactions

Back