My First!!

fl_chic96

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These are just a few of the photos of a photo shoot I did today. This was my first shoot of a kid, who is not my own :D Please let me know what you think and any advice on how I can better myself will be very helpful. Thank you!

422655804_2d300e9c42.jpg

422653376_9b4569c343.jpg

422653357_bd5fa3b825.jpg

422653368_3eb241dbe3.jpg

422653390_b10e5d308e.jpg

I really like #3,4 and 5. I think the white flowers with the white background and her white dress just look perfect together!

Man you were lucky! Looks like this little girl is the perfect model :)(love it when children actually like to be photographed!)

I think your posing is very strong which is great because most of the negative stuff is just technical stuff which is probably easier to fix/learn than posing is. #4 stands out to me as the winner of this bunch, but I also like #3 and 5. Love the pose in #2, but there seems to be a color issue with it. I think the shadow on the wall in #1 and 2 is somewhat distracting as well.

What are you using for your lighting set up?

#4 stands out to me as the winner of this bunch, but I also like #3 and 5.

I can only quote this for emphasis.
I really like 3 very, very much!

The flowers as background are a good idea!
Sorry, I cannot critique your photos, I know next to nothing about studio photography. But I just felt like telling you that I like these and like 3 best. "Angelic" was the word that sprang to mind immediately.

I think you did a very nice job with these. As stated earlier, the posing seems very good. I might hit the last 3 with just a touch more contrast, but they are all really good. Nice job.

The lights I used were a 24" softbox and an umbrella diffusor. As for the shadows, I didn't notice them until after I had taken all the photos. I love this little girl because she IS the perfect model who just loves to have her picture taken. Thank you for the comments and advice.

The lights I used were a 24" softbox and an umbrella diffusor. As for the shadows, I didn't notice them until after I had taken all the photos. I love this little girl because she IS the perfect model who just loves to have her picture taken. Thank you for the comments and advice.

Can you give me more details on your lighting? Wattage/brands anything? Im trying to figure out what I need for similar portraiture.

I got my lights in a package. The brand name is Interfit and the package came with both lights the softbox and the umbrella. I believe that they are 150 watts. I am reading the specifications but I am not too good with this sort of thing :blushing: I got mine at Ritz camera which they also have a website that you can order off of. http://www.ritzcamera.com I believe the price range was around $300USD. I hope some of this information helps. If you need anything else let me know. :D

Love the pose in #2, but there seems to be a color issue with it. I think the shadow on the wall in #1 and 2 is somewhat distracting as well.

Is the color issue because it is too bright? Does anyone know is there is a way to get the shadows out of the background using PS??

I think the issue w/ the color of the BG in #2 is that the BG didn't get enough light thus making it appear almost blue (I assume it was a white BG). In PS you can select the BG w/ the magic wand and then adjust the levels to make it white, but careful not to go too much as you may loose some of the detail of her hair. (A common problem I have when I don't properly light the BG).

#4 = divine!!! what a little angel x I agree with the other comments especially re. the background. Just adjust the levels (&/or the curves) like Johnboy suggested and it should make the last 3 even better. Oooooooh can't wait to buy my lights!

#1 is charming, but would prefer a lower angle of view rather than looking down at her
#2 is charming, just needs a little colour adjustment
#3 i dont care for, looks like her knees are cut off at the legs
#4 WINNER ...love it!!!
#5 is really charming too!!

Great lighting in all, you did a good job!! great poses too, for the most part....just a matter of opinion, but i dont care for the fake flowers, too gimicky....i like things either to be outisde in the natural world, or in a studio just plain and simple.

Well it's all about what the parents want, I guess. This is what they wanted. Thanks for the critique.

Most reactions

Back