My first.

Frizbe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is my first real attempt at photo documenting a car, let me know what you think.:thumbdown: :thumbup:

Thanks.

Hiya Frizbe, welcome to ThePhotoForum! :D

Your request for comments ("Let me know what you think") suggests this thread is better hosted by one of our galleries and I shall therefore move it to the General Gallery.

Everyone should make themselves familiar with the special purpose of the Photo Critique Section which is stated above in the subtitle and which I will repeat again here:

Photo Critique Distinctly different from the other sections on this Forum! This gallery exists to perform a specific function. Designed specifically towards photographic growth, this is a venue for people who seek help or advice with a specific image. Technical problem? Concerns with composition? Post your image here, with equipment details!

Our galleries are for ":thumbup::thumbdown:" requests, you see?

More info on what Photo Critique is for can be found in our Photo_Critique_guidelines (sticky on second place in the Photo Critique Index).

I think that as a single picture, it does not really work to document the car (we cannot recognise what it is). It would work much better along shots of the whole car as on your website.

For this particular picture I would try different depths of field (DOF). I would either like to see the word completely in focus or maybe a very shallow DOF with just the middle of the word in sharp focus. Also, I find the yellow line in the background slightly disturbing.

Hiya Frizbe, welcome to ThePhotoForum! :D

Your request for comments ("Let me know what you think") suggests this thread is better hosted by one of our galleries and I shall therefore move it to the General Gallery.

Everyone should make themselves familiar with the special purpose of the Photo Critique Section which is stated above in the subtitle and which I will repeat again here:

Our galleries are for ":thumbup::thumbdown:" requests, you see?

More info on what Photo Critique is for can be found in our Photo_Critique_guidelines (sticky on second place in the Photo Critique Index).
Ah, alright I will remember that next time.:blushing:

I think that as a single picture, it does not really work to document the car (we cannot recognise what it is). It would work much better along shots of the whole car as on your website.

For this particular picture I would try different depths of field (DOF). I would either like to see the word completely in focus or maybe a very shallow DOF with just the middle of the word in sharp focus. Also, I find the yellow line in the background slightly disturbing.
LOL, It is actually a link to my gallery. I tried to get the entire word in focus, and after shooting the same shot with different apertures, I thought I had, but this one was the best out of the three.:(

Anyone else?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back