My friend's 1993 Jetta

Lowa2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Rolling at 120Km/h (70mph)

independant77.jpg

This was more of a pure luck type of picture. I was in my car, alone, and just stuck my camera out the passenger side window and snapped it.

wheelsshotLarge.jpg

Took this one of my car's wheel too.

no comments?:sexywink:

I was going to comment yesterday but I got side tracked doing something else.

Anyway . . .

I like them both, but the first one is not very interesting (to me). I do like the composition and the sense of speed though so it is successful as a photograph of a car. just one thing pops out at me, granted things were moving so it may have been tough to get things perfect, but I'll tell it to you anyways.

The little grey thing on the bottom right. If there was more, it might make sense there, but because there isn't, it can distract from the rest of the photo.

The second picture, however, is excellent. I love the dark line of the door and the blurred wheel and ground and the dull reflection in the side of the car. Brilliant shot overall. Oh and if you add this one to your portfolio, don't tell anyone it was an accident.

I am partial to Jettas (well I guess VWs in general) so I have to say I that I like them both but #2 is my favorite. The different colored hood in #1 is distracting to me. And are those headlights and front end from a VW golf?

I have the same body style Jetta as in #2 (I think, from what I can tell from the photo. Is it a Jetta or a Passat?) but it is a diesel, and I love it!

I think sometimes the experience of taking the photo exceeds the experience of the photo.

Quite often I find this to be a problem in my work.

The jetta in the first picture does have a golf front end on it. They call it a Getta (lol). As for the car, he's proud of his creation, he likes to be different.

The silver car photo is a 2007 VW rabbit actually just to let ya know.

Don't get me wrong, the objective of these pictures was to get nice pictures, but considering the conditions, I was exceptionally pleased with the outcome.:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I really appreciate the comments here guys, really encourages me to go out and shoot more pics. I had a good time this weekend taking these pictures. I am really liking appeture priority over shutter priority as it lets you play with the DOF alot easier.

Cheers:thumbup:

dude, is that a beer keg on the roof?

I have to know....

nice shot either way...

Nice to see some VW shots in here :thumbup:
The first shot is good. I think a slightly slower shutter speed would have been perfect. To me it doesn't quite show 70 mph. Keep the VW pics coming :D

edit: Just realized the comment about the "pure luck shot" was for the first pic not the second. In that case great shot for just pointing and shooting!

THORHAMMER said:
dude, is that a beer keg on the roof?

I have to know....

nice shot either way...

Actually, that is an oil can :mrgreen:

ELF oil. It's from Europe

Thanks again for the comments!

Nice...... '07 VW rabbit. Sick Car. They look SO SO BA with a Ground effects Kit on it and Some 17''+ Rims. My friend has a R32 nice car. But the Jetta pic you have is sweet, Throw some Props..... your friends way as well. That is a Sick Ride. Curious though... Is that a Carbon Fiber hood, if not it should. or he should Paint it red.. But its his style so.... and Tell him to loose the HUBS..... haha Im kidding.... Nice ride.

P.S. My Cars has hubs......... for the winter. Props on the shots.

Hfry said:
Nice...... '07 VW rabbit. Sick Car. They look SO SO BA with a Ground effects Kit on it and Some 17''+ Rims. My friend has a R32 nice car. But the Jetta pic you have is sweet, Throw some Props..... your friends way as well. That is a Sick Ride. Curious though... Is that a Carbon Fiber hood, if not it should. or he should Paint it red.. But its his style so.... and Tell him to loose the HUBS..... haha Im kidding.... Nice ride.

P.S. My Cars has hubs......... for the winter. Props on the shots.

It isnt a carbon fibre hood, it's just metal painted black. He likes it, so I won't tell him to change it!

And those are P-slots not bottlecaps :sexywink: :lol:

Comments keep me motivated to take pics. Thanks.

Lowa2 said:
The jetta in the first picture does have a golf front end on it. They call it a Getta (lol). As for the car, he's proud of his creation, he likes to be different.

I like the Getta :lol: I knew it wasn't a regular Jetta front end. If he likes his car just the way it is, that is the most important.

I haven't seen the new Rabbits yet, only in a commercial where dogs are chasing it around the city. I heard someone say just last week that it is just a golf but VW rebadged it as a Rabbit because the Golf sales were down because of too many recalls? Haven't checked into it yet but that doesn't sound right to me. Anyhow, nice pictures.

bytch_mynickname said:
I like the Getta :lol: I knew it wasn't a regular Jetta front end. If he likes his car just the way it is, that is the most important.

I haven't seen the new Rabbits yet, only in a commercial where dogs are chasing it around the city. I heard someone say just last week that it is just a golf but VW rebadged it as a Rabbit because the Golf sales were down because of too many recalls? Haven't checked into it yet but that doesn't sound right to me. Anyhow, nice pictures.

Well VW sales in general were not good because they were cramming too much stuff into their cars. Now this new model, rabbit, which in europe they call a golf, looks to be much friendlier to work on. And much much cheaper price tag too:thumbup:

Most reactions

Back