My friend's wedding

Trever1t

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
wsgphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just got a call from the photographer for my friend's wedding asking me to shoot with him and cover angles he will be unable to get while he's manning his Canon and Video equipment. Told me he'd make sure I got credit for the photos I shot on his website :lol:

I declined for 2 main reasons. One, he's not offering any $. Two, I'm going to the wedding as a guest, not working. Whether or not I'm qualified is debateable but I certainly would want some form of monetary compensation. The hired photographer is a guy I've known a long time. He isn't an artist but he's a very agressive business minded guy. I'm sure to end up with bettter quality even as a simple spectator.

Do you think I should have accepted?

Last edited:
lol, I gave up drinking 20 years ago....seriously, but I will just have a good time. If he wants to pay me to take his direction I'd give it a second thought ;)

Trever1t said:
lol, I gave up drinking 20 years ago....seriously, but I will just have a good time. If he wants to pay me to take his direction I'd give it a second thought ;)

Then tell him that...it can't hurt to ask

If he approaches me at the wedding I will mention it. Any idea what % a second shooter should ask for?

If he approaches me at the wedding I will mention it. Any idea what % a second shooter should ask for?

Enough to make it worth it.

Will it be an open bar? Wait you don't drink....

A zip of the white russians....

I would help him with the wedding only and enjoy yourself at the reception. You don't want to be sitting around anyways, ask him for a CF card for you camera and shoot. Reception you can go crazy with the casual stuff.
-
Shoot well, Joe

U should ve been accepted because dont expect anything from friends tats the friendship not expecting money r something else is nt a gud thing

you obviously DIDN'T READ my post.

I am shooting candid for free for my friends, but the PROFESSIONAL photographer who is being paid $1K is asking me to work for him, for free. Jeesh.

There's a rule that second shooters need to keep in mind. It can be phrased many ways, but I like to recite it thusly: "No money, no clickey!"

He cant pay you because he is only getting $1K :). Personally I would say no as well unless the photographer is a friend of mine. But I have a feeling you know this photographer or he wouldnt have asked you?? It sounds like he is pretty unproffesional to expect you to work with him and not pay you anything. I would bring my equipment (very minimal), take pics of the wedding but stay out of his way.

you obviously DIDN'T READ my post.

I am shooting candid for free for my friends, but the PROFESSIONAL photographer who is being paid $1K is asking me to work for him, for free. Jeesh.

Most reactions

Back