My full tank (aquarium)

Sharkbait

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.whitesharkphoto.com
This shot really doesn't have any artistic purpose, but after posting several of my aquarium photos, a couple people mentioned that they'd like to see a photo of my full setup. You can't actually see much inside the tank in this one, but you can see the tank with its stand and canopy.

The stand and canopy are all hand made--by me. I spent about half of last year's summer vacation getting it built, finished, and installed. I'm pretty pleased with the results overall. Of course if I had it to do over again I'd make a few changes, but I planned ahead enough that the system is pretty darn close to my dream system (money limited of course--my real dream system is big enough for me to swim in. hehehe).

full-tank_RS.jpg

Wow, that must be a pain to clean. My dad used to have a fish aquarium not as big as yours but I always hated cleaning it.

You've posted some photos of very interesting fish, and your aquarium looks pretty impressive.

Have you ever tried photographing the fish/tank using a tripod and very slow shutter speeds, so the moving fish sort of paint onto the image? I took some available light, color portraits of my sister once through an aquarium at a restaurant. I pressed the lens up to the glass on one side, and she looked into the tank on the other side. The pics turned out so-so, but the thing that I really liked was the time capture of the moving fish.

Anyway, the pic of the fish tank just reminded me of that.

terri said:
Labor of love for the Sharkman, I'm sure. :wink:
Lol, yeah I'm sure. :wink: This picture just reminds of the good old days of cleaning out fish poo, feeding fishes to create even more poo, and other good stuff. It's just funny how they were my dad's fishes but me and my brother did a lot of work. Why is it always the kids that suffer? :wink:

Harpper said:
Wow, that must be a pain to clean. My dad used to have a fish aquarium not as big as yours but I always hated cleaning it.

Actually once the system is up and stable, it pretty much takes care of itself. It's a complete biosystem with all levels of the food chain. I use a magnet cleaner to wipe down the algae on the walls maybe once every other week or so. Other than that it's just a couple minutes a day to feed the little mongrels (they eat like pigs...my fish are fat and happy). :D

Really nice job Shark, what's the length of that tank?
I'm guessing it's longer than it seems because of the perspective.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back