my gift

spako

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
spako.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This schoolyear is almost over and the kids from my class gave me some roses as a farewell present...

I had to take some shots of them!
here they are...

any comment would be appreciated!

Thank you for looking!

IMG_8132_1.jpg

IMG_8137_1.jpg

IMG_8140_1.jpg

IMG_8143_1.jpg

IMG_8148_1.jpg

IMG_8154_1.jpg

IMG_8155_1.jpg

IMG_8161_1.jpg

IMG_8144_1.jpg

IMG_8146_1.jpg

2 and 5 are my favorites. I just love how the droplets look like little glass balls. The color is so rich and vibrant, yet calming (orange being my favorite color), and the still petals just await those little balls to just roll off.

I LOVE macro photography! Sadly, for as much as I like it.. I know little about the equipment. 1,5, and 9 are the best IMO. What did you shoot those with? The color is very nice... what kind of light where you using?

Thank you for the comments!

Karissa: I did use my kit lens (18-55mm) and tried the reverse lens technique (at least I think that's how it's called). LaFoto posted some shots she took this way a while back so I wanted to try it on these lovely roses...

For the lighnting I just used my good old reading lamp that I placed in the angle that suited me best over the flower...

What?
I was your inspiration?
Now that does feel good :D :D :D.
Yours came out ever so well ... what light did you have (for I think that the reverse lens macro technique requires a great deal of light to really work).

Well you should feel good :) I'm really happy to be able to take shots like these even without owning a macro lens...

for the lightning I used an Ikea reading lamp I placed above the rose...quite close to it in fact... (I have to use what I have...)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back