My Girlfriend and I (C&C welcome!)

thompssc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are some pictures of my wonderful girlfriend! (With a picture or two of both of us thrown in) It was a real pain in the butt, trying to frame it without me in the picture, and then run in. Then check the review pic, reframe it with a new guesstimate of where I'd be, etc.... But we got a few decent ones out of it :) Your comments and critique are happily accepted!

Thanks!

Scott

Suzanne-Scott6-L.jpg

Suzanne-Scott41-L.jpg

Suzanne-Scott7-L.jpg

Suzanne-Scott70-L.jpg

[5.
Suzanne-Scott33-L.jpg

Suzanne-Scott38-L.jpg

7. No more pictures. I've had it. We're leaving
Suzanne-Scott36-L.jpg

I'd rephrase and say "These are a few photos of me and my girlfriend, with a photo of just her thrown in there." :lol:

But overall, I really like them. I mean, of course, lighting, composition, saturation, etc isn't perfect, but it looks like it was a great day for the two of you and you both had a blast. They're very natural looking and I like that alot. They'll be nice for fun shots to be framed. Great job, I'd say!

Mark

Thats pretty good job. Maybe find a photography friend to do it? LOL

I'd rephrase and say "These are a few photos of me and my girlfriend, with a photo of just her thrown in there." :lol:

But overall, I really like them. I mean, of course, lighting, composition, saturation, etc isn't perfect, but it looks like it was a great day for the two of you and you both had a blast. They're very natural looking and I like that alot. They'll be nice for fun shots to be framed. Great job, I'd say!

Mark

Haha, my brain is fried from three straight days of exams. I typed that before I picked the photos I was going to post. Gonna edit that now...

But any tips for improvement? I was and am kind of struggling with ideas for framing/composition since I'm limited to shooting from a tripod. Shooting along the wall was about as creative as I could get. As you could see, the others were pretty straight on. I'm also always open for tips on post processing. It's not my strong point. I mean I'm familiar with the software, but I'm not always sure what to do with it. In terms of PP, the one I'm least satisfied with is the one where we're laying on the bed of my truck. I feel like me and Suzanne could use a bit more contrast/saturation/etc, and my shirt is pretty blown out. I bumped the recovery up pretty much all the way if I remember correctly (too tired to go look at the file right now). But if I increased the saturation any, I feel like the trees/truck would all get way oversaturated. I'd really like to improve that one specifically if you've got any advice on how to proceed with it.

I appreciate the comments though!

Thats pretty good job. Maybe find a photography friend to do it? LOL

Haha well unfortunately this was on a trip to visit her at her house (she's in Ohio while I'm taking summer classes in Indiana), and I don't know anyone from her hometown and she doesn't have any friends that are into photography. Her mom actually is a pretty good photographer and took some nice ones for us.

But for me, it's more about the challenge of doing it myself. Shooting other people isn't so bad, but shooting myself from a tripod is a significant challenge for me. Something I want to get better at. It's definitely out of my comfort zone.

very nice. i do see the #5 her eyes (the white part) looks a bit green.

Now that you point it out, I think I see a slightly greenish cast to the whole thing. I see it in her hair...? Maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me after all this studying, but I don't think so. I definitely see it in her eyes. Hm. Thanks for pointing that out, I'll be sure to tweak that this weekend.

I like the last one, except I've have used a much larger aperture to focus on her face only.

OK, definitely wish I'd have thought of that then. Would have been much better with a shallower DOF. Thanks for the tip!

yeah i see a bit on her hair too.

Now that you point it out, I think I see a slightly greenish cast to the whole thing. I see it in her hair...? Maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me after all this studying, but I don't think so. I definitely see it in her eyes. Hm. Thanks for pointing that out, I'll be sure to tweak that this weekend.

I like the last one, except I've have used a much larger aperture to focus on her face only.

OK, definitely wish I'd have thought of that then. Would have been much better with a shallower DOF. Thanks for the tip!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back