Corry

Flirtacious and Bodacious
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
corryttc.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Very...very gray. But I did my best anyway.

1. On the train ride into the city....
TrainRideSm.jpg

2. Taxi!
MichiganAveSM.jpg

3. Ice Skating at the Bean
TheBeanSM.jpg

4. Self portrait. :p
BeanSelfPortSM.jpg

5. The Awe of Discovery
BeanDiscovery1SM.jpg

6. I think something is wrong with my camera....
FunHouseSelfSM.jpg

7. ...no Pigeon Chaser to chase the birdy :(
NavyPierSeaGullSM.jpg

8. The hazy skyline, viewed from the end of Navy Pier
NavyPierSkyLineSM.jpg

9. Just to show you how busy Michigan Avenue was...
MichiganAveCrowdSM.jpg

10. The Copper Cowboy
TheCopperCowboySM.jpg

...and not long after, my second (and last) battery died. :S

#2, 3 & 5 are awesome! Great captures from your day and well worth the wait!

I like #4 and #5 the way the image comes off that shiny bean. At least after seeing these pics I can understand a pic that was nominated not long ago. I thought it was photoshopped.

Looking at #6, I'd imagine you have a lot of difficulty finding the right clothes. I mean, I don't mind short legs, but this is ridiculous...:lol::lol::lol:.

Nice series! My fav. is #8, where the harbor and the city are being brought together.

pascal

Where in IL do you live? I was born in Arlington Heights and moved to Seattle at the age of 3. My family goes back every summer cause all my family is there. I have a TON (about 300) photos from when my girlfriend and I went into the city last summer. Nice shots!

I think I can see myself in #9. I'm the one in the hat. No, not that one, the other one.

I believe there is now an ordinance that everyone who visits Chicago is required to take a picture of their own reflection in the bean (Officially it's called "Cloud Gate")

#1 is very cool. As someone who rides the train every day (well, the CTA trains are a little different, but still...) it speaks to me. #5 is a definite winner though.

Way off in the distance...
littlecircti2.jpg

Magnified:
bigcirckx2.jpg

And here's me in front of it. My girly shot this hence the little flash blob you can see. Hehe
shootagepb6.jpg

Oh and I actually have the print of this. She was holding both of our backpacks, one on her front and one on her back, and holding my digi cam. It's super cute.

Sorry for the thread-jacking.

morydd said:
I think I can see myself in #9. I'm the one in the hat. No, not that one, the other one.

I believe there is now an ordinance that everyone who visits Chicago is required to take a picture of their own reflection in the bean (Officially it's called "Cloud Gate")

#1 is very cool. As someone who rides the train every day (well, the CTA trains are a little different, but still...) it speaks to me. #5 is a definite winner though.

hehe...I know the bean (yeah, I knew the real name of it, too) shot is extremely cliche, but....well...I was kinda goin for that, so I don't care. :p

And the CTA trains are WWWWWAAAAAAAAYYYYY different from the Metra commuter! :lol: The CTA is the oldest subway train I've been on, yet, too. The Boston T and the DC Metro are both SO much more modern! :lol: I like ridin the trains though. :p

Andrew Snyder said:
Where in IL do you live? I was born in Arlington Heights and moved to Seattle at the age of 3. My family goes back every summer cause all my family is there. I have a TON (about 300) photos from when my girlfriend and I went into the city last summer. Nice shots!

I live in a tiny town about two hours south of Chicago. So small, that the entire population could easily make up one block's worth of the Michigan Ave crowd, I think! :p

a real nice series of photos there. that bean looks proper cool, i want to go see it

Most reactions

Back