My idea... C&C!!

SabrinaO

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a networking/marketing idea that I need the green light from you guys!! I contacted a local cake maker on FB who makes AWESOME cakes (Tiff's Wicked Cakes) on getting together and providing a Cake Smash Photoshoot package. She gave me the green light and thinks this is a fun idea.

I want to have an auction.... (yes auction!) on my wall and I'll post the starting bid and fans will comment/reply underneath with their bids. Fans will have to LIKE both our pages to participate. Starting bid will be like $20 and fans will bid in increments no less than $1. The cake smash package includes an awesome cake from Tiff's, a photoshoot from me with balloons, banners and use of my custom props and a 11x14 print.

Heres from a recent session (I make my own props)
5641855734_ffb0dce7e8_z.jpg

Anyways, I belong to a parenting forum where we have auctions like this all the time selling our crafts and such. It works out pretty well... just want to know what you all think!

What is a "cake smash"? Why would you want to smash something you paid for? Is this some trendy new thing?

cake smash - Google Search
Check out that link (google). Thousands of cake smash images. Yes its a new "trendy" thing and all the rave for babies first bday especially.

Anyway... Is it a good idea or not?

Sounds like a good idea Sabrina, my wife belongs to thebump forums and we are going to do a cake smash shoot with my son here in a few weeks. My only questions is the cake they get from your friend, is this a cake in addition to the smash one, because if the kid is just going to smash a really good cake it doesn't really matter how good it is. Good luck with it.

It's something that has been around for awhile. The picture People offered it. Motophoto, JcPenny etc.. But you had to supply your own cake. Sounds like a good idea. Its taking the idea further. Let us know how it works out!

Doesn't an auction only have one winner, at a time?

How long will each auction be?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back