My IR Dreams

All the above superlatives, plus 'magnificent, gorgeous and mah-velous'. I really really like all of them, but there's something about the first one that I find hard to drag my eyes away from it.

terri said:
btw, Eric - what filter opacity did you use? The effects here look stronger than one would see with a #25 red, but it could be due to your developer, as well. So in addition to being smitten, I am curious! :lol:

Again, gorgeous work. :thumbup:

Hmmm, I thought it was an 85 Red filter but now I’m not sure. It is a B+W 62mm 090 5x. I used a 1-9 mix and T-Max time of 7 ½ minutes as a guide. I was right on the temp of 68F so I added an extra 45 secs to spice it up.

When I saw the first image I thought man did I ever screw that one up but the more I look at it the more I love it.

Thanks for all the great comments. I may try and post a few more but time is minimal and I have to get ready for another show on the weekend in Geneseo, New York, best vintage show in the North East.

Cheers,

Eric

It is a B+W 62mm 090 5x.
ah, ok! The 5x represents the filter factor, so I believe you did indeed use a #25.....rated at 400....and this developer gave you great results! Yeppers, you nailed it.

When I saw the first image I thought man did I ever screw that one up but the more I look at it the more I love it.
I am so glad to hear that. Do you know how many people on this forum have struggled with this stuff to get precisely that effect? :lol: I'd be rushing for a frame, myself. ;)

Good luck with your upcoming show! Can't wait to see the pics from that, as well as some more from this roll of HIE. :)

terri said:
ah, ok! The 5x represents the filter factor, so I believe you did indeed use a #25.....rated at 400....and this developer gave you great results! Yeppers, you nailed it.

I am so glad to hear that. Do you know how many people on this forum have struggled with this stuff to get precisely that effect? :lol: I'd be rushing for a frame, myself. ;)

Good luck with your upcoming show! Can't wait to see the pics from that, as well as some more from this roll of HIE. :)

Thanks, I don't know why but I have always been very lucky with IR and have never messed a roll yet. I'm a butcher when it comes to darkroom work. I always throw in a few seconds here and a few degrees there and keep my fingers crossed.

Eric

AIRIC said:
Thanks, I don't know why but I have always been very lucky with IR and have never messed a roll yet. I'm a butcher when it comes to darkroom work. I always throw in a few seconds here and a few degrees there and keep my fingers crossed.

Eric
Sounds like you have the makings of a master printermaker, to me. :lol: Seriously! You aren't overthinking it. :thumbup:

Well ok, as if one could be any better than the other... I think the one I like best is the 3rd one with the car. The camera is angled but the car doesn't look awkward which is easy to do when you tilt photos on corners like that. Wow... just... wow.....

WOW!!!!!!! These are ALL AMAZING!!! You did an AWESOME job! Love em all!! :)

Most reactions

Back