My latest wedding...

Mindii

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
and also my first photo posting on this forum...I hope I havent gone overboard and posted too many pics...:er:

I would like to add that I don't do a lot of weddings, and am still learning so any critique is more than welcome...feel free to make suggestions on what I should have or haven't done...:wink:

Dengate00073small.jpg

Dengate00094small.jpg

Dengate0155small.jpg

Dengate00031small.jpg

Dengate00133small.jpg

Dengate0140small.jpg

Dengate00228blkwhtsmall.jpg

Oh, I really like the open and uninhibited smiles (more laughs than smiles) of the bridesmaids! Those reflect the atmosphere of happiness so well!

I am totally uncertain about the bride's smile in Photo 3, though...
It does not look quite as genuine to me...

Wedding photo sessions on the beach are always funny, which shows in the second photo here, which I personally like best, and Photo 1 is also nice ... isn't that an almost classic pose by now? (I am not familiar with THE WEDDING PHOTO myself, mind). But I am not so sure about the composition, is it so very centred on purpose? I think I would crop this differently to lose some of the sky... but that is just me...

Oh, and by the way and before I forget:

Welcome to ThePhotoForum! :D

Thanks guys...and you are right La Photo shot number 3 was one of the first ones that I took so the poor girl wasn't relaxed as yet...

Oh the laughing bridesmaids...yes it seemed they liked my sense of humour...I quite like them though as it shows the fun they had on the day...

and the beach shot was centred in purpose but I did take it from a few different angles...as well as some closer shots...I posted this one though as I'm lazy and it was the already resized for the web...lol

Thank you both for your comments!! (and the welcome!)

Hi... not sure what happened here - i thought i posted a reply yesterday but maybe not!!?? These are beautiful shots! My fave is #5 as it looks a bit 'high-key-ish' which i L O V E! Also love #1 for its simplicity & #2 for its character plus the laughing maids really envelopes the emotion of the day. Great job!!!!!!!!!! I'm sure you'll love this forum - welcome xx PS.. cant wait for my 1st real wedding one day - very inspired and busy doing 'practice' shoots before i mess with the 'real-deal' xx PS>> keen to know what gear you used - camera/lenses??

Thanks you also to Thefinisher and Jemmy...

Jemmy...yes I was lucky to be able salvage number 5...the background wasnt so nice so I had a play in photoshop and this is the end result....
The forum looks great...extra friendly and helpfull as well...the ideal mix for a great photgraphy forum.
I use a Canon 20D with the basic kit lenses...and I also have a 100mm macro lens.
If wedding photography is what you want to do then you will get there one day...I saw some of your threads yesterday and you have some fab shots....I have sort of fallen into it...and as I have said am still new at it myself...basically it is more a means to update my equipment than anything else...
I see you live in Queensland...anywhere near me? I'm between Brissie and the Gold Coast.

Some tone matching of her teeth in number 3 would help that shot. Something seems unnaturally yellow about her teeth in that shot. It could simply be the stark whiteness of the dress causing any discoloration to stand out tho....

mysteryscribe said:
In three and four the bride has no eyes, otherwise they look very nice. You might have wanted to use your strobe light even outside.

Yes I did realise that the eye's are a little too dark in the outside shots...and your right I should have used a bit of fill flash and I will be sure to remember next time though. :)

I can see the brides eye's ok on my monitor in shot number 3 though they may be a little bit too dark...can you really not see any eyes in that shot?

Thanks again to everyone who has commented.

actually we all have different monitors so it is likely that in the real shot they are there... on my monitor her racoon makeup obliterates her eyes in that shot others probably can see them.

This is a good place for me to mention the bain in my son in law's exisitance as a digital photographer only. He has the calibrated monitor and the tool to keep it right. He forces the customers to view the proofs on his system before he hands over the dvd. He explains carefully about the difference in monitors then off they go to show mom on their ordinary set to 'personal preferences' monitor like mine. He gets a lot of calls from the brides and assures them that the pictures will be fine, that it's just the monitor but who knows how many fewer pictures he sells because of that. Probably none, but who knows.

Most reactions

Back