Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit

Guitar1Edit2.JPG

GuitarEdit2.JPG

GuitarBridge2.JPG

GuitarPickup.JPG

GuitarNeck.JPG

Critique and comments welcome as always. :p

Ill be the 1st to critique my own post. I should have put borders around them. Especially the top 2. I would have but I dont know how. hehe.

Nar I dont think id buy a "real" one. Its 90% of the real thing with a 6th of the price tag. Im not a profesional muso so I couldnt warrant spending $6000 on a guitar. Plus Im already accustomed to my guitar and I love it.

Anyway back to the shots. :p

Agree with that 100%! I've got a second-hand Squier Stratocaster (cheap Fender made in China) which I bought for £50 about 7 years ago. I've played a lot of other guitars, a couple costing 100 times as much as I paid for mine, and while they look nice and shiny and have better quality pickups, they're basically the same thing and unless you're really, really bothered about the name...

Sure, when I've got a full-time, well-paid job and some spare cash I might splash out on a PRS or something, but I'd be afraid to play it in case I scratched it and I can pretty much guarantee I'll never throw my Squier away - it rocks! :D

Cool shots by the way - borders are easy, just read this:

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19602

If you've got photoshop, you can do a super-quick border by just increasing the canvas size using a black background. If you want a white line, increase the canvas size a little bit using white and then do it again with a larger size in black... sorted ;)

Thanks for the link! I sussed how to make Black borders. But i cant seem to change the colour of the borders? Any hints for a photoshop novice?
Cheers.

Go to Adjustments, canvas size and increase the canvas by whatever you want the border size to be. Select that new area and do Edit, Fill, and select whatever color you want the border to be. That's probably the easiest way to do it. You can do that multiple times and get multicolored borders if you want.

Wait, looks like you have that part, just change the foreground color in the toolbar and the fill will be that color (as long as you have foreground color selected in the Fill menu.

nar its all good. I was getting the forground and background colours mixed up. Just figured out how to change them. Thanks though! Awesome!

cool contrast, nice shots, even if it IS just an Epiphone ;)

Don't worry.. I have a Squire Strat I never play. I asked for a guitar a couple christmas's ago, but I'm a bassist now. I have an Oscar Schmidt by Washburn bass. The knockoffs are just as good. Who cares if they're made in Korea and the pickups are a little cheaper, if its a huge deal go and spend the money to have them replaced. I might eventually get new pickups in mine. I have a hybrid and a humbucker ( i think) at the bottom.

shandie8 said:
Awe too bad its not a real les paul:p

Please refrain from spamming my thread with pointless remarks.

Also while your at it Mr Expert. Please explain to me what exactly is so different to a "real" LesPaul and my epiphone?
The fact that it doesnt say Gibson on the head?
If you look closey there is a badge with the Gibson name there.
Does that make it better?
The point of this thread was to show people the style of photo I wanted to achieve. For all I care this could have been some crappy Japanese knock off, would have it made a difference to my photos? No. So please if you dont have something to say about my photos then dont say anything at all. :grumpy:

Hey, Im sorry, I was just kidding, lol I have an epiphone too:p Their good! I was just making the typical joke that people make to me when I say I have an epiphone instead of a Gibson les paul, But I really like these pictures, far better than mine turned out when I tried to get some of my guitar. Sorry if I offended you.

Cool shots. I really dig the third one and the last one.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back