My Little Girl wants to be a Model !!! Need input on portfolio shots ... please

Ballistics said:
It wasn't directed towards you, but I am just noticing a trend. I see more and more parroting each week, with little practice of what is preached. Most of it is thoughtless critique.

Now, that I agree with. When I first started out I kept my mouth shut on CC because of that exact reason! I still don't CC that often because I am still a noob. Anyways, I wrote what I did because i didn't want the OP to think that she wasn't getting valid feedback. Your post was kind of a broad statement and a couple people who posted are really qualified in my eyes. I didn't take offense to what you wrote because I know I make mistakes ALL the time :)

Sorry if I sound like a b****! That wasn't my intention.

weathers_pc said:
:) Not many people seem at a loss for words here ...lol I'm use to people asking me if she's wearing makeup for years now ... and 99.5% of the time she is wearing nothing more than chapstick. She looks more mature she always has ... I have a photo that I took of her when she was three that I just loved .... I'm interested to hear the C&C's about that one. I'll have to wait until my account is fully activated I guess, because it will not let me post pictures. I do appreciate the advice regarding my distractions.

You can't upload photos from your computer to the forum. You can post pictures right now by using Flickr or photobucket. There is a thread in the beginners forum that explains how to do it.

Ballistics said:
It wasn't directed towards you, but I am just noticing a trend. I see more and more parroting each week, with little practice of what is preached. Most of it is thoughtless critique.

Now, that I agree with. When I first started out I kept my mouth shut on CC because of that exact reason! I still don't CC that often because I am still a noob. Anyways, I wrote what I did because i didn't want the OP to think that she wasn't getting valid feedback. Your post was kind of a broad statement and a couple people who posted are really qualified in my eyes. I didn't take offense to what you wrote because I know I make mistakes ALL the time :)

Sorry if I sound like a b****! That wasn't my intention.

I kept my post fairly general for 2 reasons. No one needs to be singled out and it also allows for a slight reality check for readers. Everyone knows your ducks are in a row MTVision, it's for those who still have to collect theirs.

weathers_pc said:
:) Not many people seem at a loss for words here ...lol I'm use to people asking me if she's wearing makeup for years now ... and 99.5% of the time she is wearing nothing more than chapstick. She looks more mature she always has ... I have a photo that I took of her when she was three that I just loved .... I'm interested to hear the C&C's about that one. I'll have to wait until my account is fully activated I guess, because it will not let me post pictures. I do appreciate the advice regarding my distractions.

You can't upload photos from your computer to the forum. You can post pictures right now by using Flickr or photobucket. There is a thread in the beginners forum that explains how to do it.

Ok cool ... thanks for that info ...

367636350_56c6a16eed_b.jpg

This is her when she was three or four and we are on the train at the Detroit Zoo ..... Regardless of how technically bad this photo may be you have to admit this is cute! .... Even you hard asses.

She is very cute!

I just sent you a PM!

$IMG_8952E2FB-Copy_zps1b01f407.jpg

Well ... over a year later ... thousands of hours reading, researching and shooting! I know I'm not there yet ... but showing signs of improvement :)

well, i didn't get to see the original photos however, from reading all the posts i'd have to say i probably wouldn't have much more to add other than don't be discouraged, as a father of two daughter's, i spent their whole childhood dragging them around with my cameras and they are handsdown the best(and cheapest) models to practice on, and in the meantime you get great photo's of them growing up. from the one shot i did see, i'd say focus on composition first, with a good frame, even a cellphone picture could be better than some shmuck with a 5dmk3 that cant frame a photo. then work on improving other attributes. patience is the most important thing and thick skin when you ask for critiques hehe. keep it up, i look forward to see how you progress.

Most reactions

Back