My little peanut! C&C please

CorrieMichael

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I have been playing with light and shadows more recently trying to step out of my comfort zones and try new things.......it was just a perfect cute moment and the lighting was interesting so here we have it. C&C would be great. Thanks I know they are all very close but loved all the different faces and things he was doing so thought I would share them all :p
1. $IMG_5967washdpibwmattelogo.jpg2.$IMG_5973washdpibwmattelogo.jpg3.$IMG_5977washdpibwmattelogo.jpg4.$IMG_5979washdpibwmattelogo.jpg5.$IMG_5988washdpibwmattelogo.jpg

I’m really digging the composition and the “moments” you managed to capture, but as a matter of taste, I’m not a fan of the processing. It looks sort of like you dropped a curves layer on there, grabbed it in the center and dragged it upward to salvage some detail on the right side of the kid’s face. In the process, you made the left side of the kid’s face pure white and made all of the lowlights and shadows in the rest of the image a dull grey. I think a reflector on the right would have reduced the tonal range across the face and allowed you to simultaneously have acceptable face detail and punchy overall contrast. Of course, I’m just saying what I would be trying to achieve here; maybe those things aren’t what you were after.

I’m really digging the composition and the “moments” you managed to capture, but as a matter of taste, I’m not a fan of the processing. It looks sort of like you dropped a curves layer on there, grabbed it in the center and dragged it upward to salvage some detail on the right side of the kid’s face. In the process, you made the left side of the kid’s face pure white and made all of the lowlights and shadows in the rest of the image a dull grey. I think a reflector on the right would have reduced the tonal range across the face and allowed you to simultaneously have acceptable face detail and punchy overall contrast. Of course, I’m just saying what I would be trying to achieve here; maybe those things aren’t what you were after.

Yes that is what I did :p I have been playing around with really dark shadows and really bright light.....finding the light in the shadows around the house so to speak.......I probably would never do this for a client for the exact same things that you are speaking of and they might complain about those things mentioned. But am really into this deep black and white lately so playing with it around here. Thanks so much for your input! ♥

Most reactions

Back