My Little White Oasis (8 pics)

Meysha

still being picky Vicky
Reaction score
Website
vickywall.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Santorini, Greece. Spent a day here and it was amazing.
There were just hundreds of these little white buildings dying to be photographed. But it was really tough coz the sunlight was so strong on the white concrete. Ah well... still managed to get some detail.

I have soo many pictures from my latest holiday so I'll just pick out a few from each place and post them up here gradually. Now I'm finally back home (yes my real home - not the bf's place). So get ready for a lot of rainforest photos too once I get out there and the rain stops!

Santorini-RuinDoor.jpg

2. The Architecture was amazing. So many angles and shadows everywhere.
Santorini-Architecture.jpg

3. More angles, shadows and curves. This is a church. All the churches here have blue domes (represents the heavens/sky).
Santorini-Church.jpg

4. Faded church dome. Ooops forgot the frame ... meh.
Santorini-ChurchBells.jpg

5. Same shot converted to B&W
Santorini-BW-ChurchBells.jpg

6. Ahh don't you love a cliche. I've had this photo in my head since we planned the holiday. It's the whole reason I wanted to go to Greece... To get this photo.
Santorini-BlueDomeOcean.jpg

7. The view from a winery place. Ahhhhhh.
Santorini-PICT5466.jpg

8. Oh and well I didn't take this photo, but I told my dad what I wanted so I guess it's still my shot... hehe. That's me and my holga. Ahhhh my holga. You might see this over in the arty farty self portraits too if you're (un)lucky coz this is the closest to a self portrait I'll ever do.
Santorini-MeHolga.jpg

Thanks for looking! :hugs::

#7 (winery place) - :thumbup:

Thanks everyone. Number 7 is probably my favourite as well. But I also really like #2. In fact, I like them all really.

The haze in the pics was really annoying in real life.... it made me think of a 'real' terragen landscape. hehehe ;-) And I just wanted to change the gamma on the scene.. Ahhh if only I could have.

btw, if you don't know... terragen is a computer generated landscape program where you can make pictures of landscapes with your computer. There's a few in the Creative section by a few people like myself, MDowdey (the terragen god) and Xmetal is all I can think of atm.

Great shots Meysha. I really like 3 and 7. Awesome job!!

Very nice group - looks like an amazing place. :) I like them all, and your B&W conversion, too!

I'd be hard pressed to leave after just one day! :thumbup:

Well... keep posting then. Looks like a nice place and I'm sure you've got plenty of good shots. And I hope you took some abstract ones on the building to, or else. :playball:
I do like seven, but I like one to. Ahh, they're all good.

8. Oh and well I didn't take this photo, but I told my dad what I wanted so I guess it's still my shot... hehe. That's me and my holga. Ahhhh my holga. You might see this over in the arty farty self portraits too if you're (un)lucky coz this is the closest to a self portrait I'll ever do.
Booo, hisss. I... we demand more shots of you. Espeically if they have legs in them to. :blushing:
:mrgreen:

Thanks guys.

Ahhh Pete, you'll just have to come over and take photos of me then coz I'm always the one behind the camera. Although... hmmm... where did I put those special movies I made last week?? :blushing: :lol:

Terri, unfortunately we had to leave that same day coz we were on a big cruise ship going round the greek islands. But don't worry I would've stayed there forever if I could have.

Most reactions

Back