My lomo Experiment

Mohain

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.gtbphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Got a lomo LC-A for my birthday, bought some out of date Velvia from ebay and got it cross processed, then scanned the negs. This is the result...

lomo_img003.jpg

lomo_img004.jpg

lomo_img013.jpg

lomo_img016.jpg

Couple of self portraits ...
lomo_img010.jpg

lomo_img011.jpg

and a quick snap of a workie ...
lomo_img009.jpg

This is my second attempt at cross processing and I'm quite pleased with the results. My first effort was the other way round (C41 film in E6 dev) and the results where pretty dire. Cant wait to get out to try some more. I love the 'point and shoot'ness of it all, quite refreshing :mrgreen:

Cheers,

Mohain

Wow, number 3 looks like it's from the matrix or something. Really cool. Gotta try this cross processing sometime.

totally awesome mo....... love 3 & 4..... good to see some experimenting :thumbup:

Thanks :) The results from the cross processing are pretty wild. Shot No.1 is miles away where as shot No.2 isn't that far off. Some are red, some pink... must try some different films :)

Cheers,

Mohain

Wow I love number 3. Is that the Lloyds building in London?
I really like the viginetting. I also like 5 and 7. But I'm not crazy about number 1 (not a fan of out of angle shots).

Cool. I like to see that self-portrait!

And that is what you have to do when you get a camera like this, i.e. buy outdated film? So you get the effect? And do you develop them at home, all by yourself? And if so, how do you do that cross processing? I hear it is developing what? Slide film as if it were a negative film or vice versa? For I understand you did not apply some PS action that had this effect on your pics here but did "the real thing"?

Thanks for the comments :)

LaFoto, I got the film developed in a lab. Cross processing is processing slide film as if it were negative film, or the other way round. It's what makes the colours go all 'out of whack.' These are just straight scans from the negs, with no other adujstment apart from 2 and 6 which had a little levels adjustment because the exposure was a bit off. I used out of date film because it's cheap (about a quarter of the price) and as the colours are all over the place it doesn't matter!

Cheers,

Mohain.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back