My macro photos - C & C please

hoangnguyen

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I would like to up my photos here to seek your C&C for improving my knowledge and experience. Thank you so much and all C&C would be highly appreciated.

#1 - Spider

Spider by boforgame, on Flickr

My gear: 5D mark II, Canon 100mm f/2.8 L macro
Setting: Manual t=1/125s, f/8, 100mm

I shot this pic outdoor at 3:00pm with sufficient ambient light i think. I had to close the aperture down to f/8 to ensure enough DOF, and use one flash source from the left side to make a more impressive lighting on the silk and enhance details of the spider head.

Thank you

I think that is a pretty cool picture. My only suggestion is to maybe brighten just a little and perhaps next time concentrate on the eyes more. Just my thoughts. Great job!

I think that is a pretty cool picture. My only suggestion is to maybe brighten just a little and perhaps next time concentrate on the eyes more. Just my thoughts. Great job!

Hi Pasknucklehead,

Thank you so much for your comments.

Nice spider! I like to see how the legs attach to the body, and the colors of the "beast' are interesting.
Doing macro you don't always have the choice on how your subject will present itself, but I feel a different angle could have been better
and as already mentioned, the eyes in focus is always what I am aiming at doing macro.

Most reactions

Back