My Mini Lop C&C Please

LilSparkPlug

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took these in the backyard tonight of my Mini Lop, Serendipity. Quite the character. These are my favorites from the bunch. C&C is requested and welcome.

BBD026.jpg

Shot with:
1/60 sec at f/7.1
ISO 200
55-200mm lens at 78mm

BBD030.jpg

Shot with:
1/40 sec at f/8.0
ISO 200
55-200mm lens at 125mm

BBD031.jpg

Shot with:
1/30 sec at f/8.0
ISO 200
55-200mm lens at 125mm

BBD048.jpg

Shot with:
1/80 sec at f/4.5
ISO 400
18-55mm lens at 32mm

Cute! Love the first one mainly due to the surroundings (i.e. the red ball and the clarity of the grass).

Nice pictures, C&C per req:

1, 2: Really good pictures, well exposed, good focus, BUT your backgrounds keep them firmly in the category of snapshots. You've made good use of selective focus to isolate the subject, but there are too many distracting lines and shapes in the background. Look for an area which will produce a nice, even background in a colour that will allow him to stand out.
3. Cute, background again, and try to avoid clipping little bits off, such as the bit of his left ear and top of his head. If you're going to 'cut' (and this applies to people as well), do it boldly, and NOT through joints. That way it looks intentional.

4. Nice, again, perhaps it could be opened up a little more, but good work on the exposure. White fur is just as tough as a white wedding dress.

Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary

~John

She was tough to keep in focus because she kept moving all over the place ha ha! She was more interested in head butting the camera than having her picture taken. Most of the ones I managed to capture came out very blurry because of that. Next time I take her outside I'll put her on the other part of the lawn where the fence is behind her so its a bit more solid. I tried to keep her the focus but knew that some of the random stuff in the background would cause distraction. The third one she just got way too close to me when I snapped it.

Animals, I'm assuming like kids, are tough! Thanks all for your comments and criticism, much appreciated! :)

Most reactions

Back