My mom with her bass and new skirt... C&C please

brianroe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
brianroe.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This was taken today. Mom buys a new skirt every year and it arrived in the mail yesterday. We had a show and after I wanted to get a couple photos. I tried to find a suitable background. This was the best around...

I did some post processing. I cloned some of the distractions out of the background. I also lightened up around her eyes as they were in the shadow.

I am happy with how this turned out... But, I would like to get some more seasoned opinions.

ISO100, 100mm, f/5.6 1/100

39672.jpg

BTW, She named her bass Betsy :)

I really like the colours and vibrance. Its a simply composed shot so you can't go far wrong. You could maybe try to get your mam to stand a little further forward from the bush behind and you drop your aperture wider to de-focus the background (maybe even wide open 2.8) a bit more. This is only what I might try for a slightly different look, it may not necessarily be any better

Good job! Better than the last ones. Love the colours. :)

Agree; nice, simple = works! I do think though you could have got some great 'fun' shots with her playing, and posing a little more. The colours are great!

I love it.

For many reasons I won't talk about right now. I also hate it, for a whole lot of other reasons. :)

Not too bad. Very cute. She looks happy. Now being a bass player myself I would have like to have seen a more natural pose. Something of her in action would be nice too. Not in this setting necessarily but something of her actually playing would make for some good photos.

Most reactions

Back