My Mustang GT

Stormchase

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was out driving around and thought I would go have a little fun on a dirt road drifting and goofing off.
Took a couple shots while i was there.
2 Different looks but i kinda liked them both. I dont do many shots like this so im sure everything is messed up but mostly thinking on comp takeing these.
4791391771_e54e47d7ae_b.jpg

I know the sky is blown out but I made the best of it. There was a good storm comming in and didnt want just the sky or just the car.
4792017732_0d6752c95d_b.jpg

On #1 i just shaved a little off of the top.
Yeah #2 was a little IFFY for being posted but I thought it was something different then the normal car shot. Both shots i had a blown out sky. the first I got rid of a bit by cropping and the 2nd i did with color. Its still blown out I know but its a little better.

So much potential in 2...This is what I'm seeing. Just brightened up, sharpened, and saturated a bit.
(By the way, I like the blown-out sky...Gives it a dark/light feel, split down the center of the photo.)

4792165262_4874f81780_b.jpg

I agree so much about the potential in #2. The problem is the car blends in with the background. That's what Mcgriff was fixing here.

yeah its an earthy color car. i wasnt sure if i liked that or not. like the edit, just a knotch too much contrast for me but it pops the car out a little and needed.

So much potential in 2...This is what I'm seeing. Just brightened up, sharpened, and saturated a bit.
(By the way, I like the blown-out sky...Gives it a dark/light feel, split down the center of the photo.)

<snipped photo>

Great edit. There's a little noise but OP can use it as a guideline and do his own NR.

Nice new edge btw, I remember you saying something about it after a thread I made months ago. I was hoping to see it sooner or later.

The problem is that it's a Mustang. ;)

A convertible huh!

Taking the top off seriously weakens the unibody structure, letting it flex a lot more when cornering.

That means the suspension pickup points are all moving around which makes the handeling much less precise.

Of course they had to add weight back, by adding stiffeners to various parts of the unibody to help with the flex and crash worthyness.

With that version of the Mustang convertible they had to put a tuned-mass-damper in the right front fender to negate the resonant frequencies that were causing severe vibrations in the cowl (potential metal fatigue).

Have you taken any steps to stiffen the car, like sub-frame connectors from the front and rear clips to the unibody, a strut tower brace, a panhard bar, or a change of springs and shocks?

Having some of the side of the car and the wheel in the shot would have moved you just enough to the right so the road and not the greenery was behind the car.

IMO #2 was a waste of time becuase the car occupies such a miniscule part of the shot.

As always; I say, "If you're gonna shoot the car, shoot the car."

4791391771_e54e47d7ae_b.jpg

the only thing on #1 that i dont like are the lower lights, they dont look like they should be on, just mho

I know its a late response but better then ever.

Thanks for.everyones responses. To kmh, I didn't realy get a mustang for handeling. I do, at some point, want to stiffen it up a little but my main concern was torque. I did pick up a Steed strut bar but thats It for now. I have added about a bit there. I live In florida on the beach. Got to go topless right? I was looking at STI's tor handling.

AlexL, it was very dirty out! There was a storm comming in blowing a lot of dust in the air. I wanted as much of the storm as the car. In 2 I kinda wanted the feel of the car looking at a rain storm with the top down. Kinda giving q little personality to the shot. I didnt potray it corectly I suppose

Sheesh sorry for all of the typos. Im on a phone lol

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back