My Neighborhood.

sambrody44

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is right around the corner from my apartment. What do you think?

IMG_3232wborder.jpg

cool shot! but i think the composition is a tight on the right side, gives it a bit of a cramped feeling to me

Thanks for the compliment. I'm not sure what you mean by the composition though, what do you feel I should of included?

Keep it coming!

I like it just the way it is. Very nice.

What unique buildings, and the colours are nice on them. It is a sweet location and nicely captured. :D:D
I do like it, but also agree with the comp being a little tight, meaning it seems squished on the two sides. If you could open up a bit on the right side maybe but you might end up with too much forground.

I cut the right side off because the widest Lens I have is the 18-55mm kit lens that came with my 400D that has a 1.6 crop sensor. It was awkward because the building on the right got cut in half. I was trying to capture the colors and style of the buildings.

Thanks for the comments everyone! Keep them coming!

It's a nice tight shot, only thing i would have changed was correcting the
verticals on the left and giving it a little more contrast to bring out the
buildings colour a little more but it's fine the way you took it.

Had a bit of a play, hope you dont mind

IMG_3232wborder-a.jpg

I don't mind at all. I appreciate it. What did you do to straighten the verticals?

What does the other side of the street look like? If it's similar, this shot would look awesome if you stepped back and shot right down the center of the road and captured the colorful buildings on both sides.

This photo is nice, but it seems kind of lopsided with all those buildings on one side and nothing going on with the other side.

There's a patio that steps down to a river. Unfortunately they are to far apart to capture it all in one frame.

I don't mind at all. I appreciate it. What did you do to straighten the verticals?
In Photoshop i simply duplicated the background layer then used 'Free Transform'
using the ctrl key and the mouse to just move the top left hand corner out until it
looked about right. Then flatten the image.

nice picture and i think you have a good neighborhood though

Thanks! I like it. lol

Most reactions

New Topics

Back