My never-ending obsession with cemeteries...

manaheim

Jedi Bunnywabbit
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Random%20Concord%20Fall%20-%20012%20bw.jpg

c/c very welcome. Thanks for looking.

They're ghosts! :)

I like the perspective and the tones in this, and I also like the sky as it is.

I like the perspective and the tones in this, and I also like the sky as it is.
I agree; this is a great image and I think the contrails work perfectly... the life in the sky, and the death in the ground.

Exactly. I saw them as a metaphor.

The shadow on the headstone works....

Very nice, I love it just the way it is!!! :)

No one saw the shadows of the living tree as the metaphor for life, but they saw some steam in the air as life.... hmmm. :) Last count steam isn't alive.

I like it, but I don't know why the shadow on the tombstone is kind of throwing it off imo, but that's just me.

Nice pic.

Love this. And agree, just the way it is.

No one saw the shadows of the living tree as the metaphor for life, but they saw some steam in the air as life.... hmmm. :) Last count steam isn't alive.
No, I suppose one can make the argument that it isn't, and granted, the tree could be a very good metaphor for life, but since the death in question is clearly (in my mind, anyway) human death, it makes more sense to use the contrails because they are the obvious result of humans (the tree could be, likely is the result of humans, but it's not quite so obvious). Further given their place in the sky, one could think of them as having a 'heavenly' connotation which works well with the cemetery concept and lastly, I like them as a compositional element.

The headstone was also carved by a living person most likely. :)

Love this discussion. Thank you for all your comments. :)

Most reactions

Back