My new baby <3

@ Bitter,

This is the beginners forum photo gallery. The title of the forum indicates what that post is for. It's in an image gallery. Meaning it's put up to be viewed and critiqued.
If I wanted advice on how I should spend my money, I sure as hell wouldn't ask any of you. I can think of many different, better ways to blow money, that you would spend on photog gear.

Photography is a hobby to me. Not something I love enough or care about enough to blow thousands of dollars on.

If you can't give come type of helpful information, don't bother posting. Go play on 4chan, it seems better suited for your attitude.

and actually mine's an 06. I couldn't afford a v8, or a newer model.

Kevin, man I think it's hopeless. Half of them are pissed at you for not spending enough on your car and the other half are pissed at you for spending too much. :lol: I think it's a nice ride and you should enjoy it. If you happen to take some good shots while your cruisin' post'em up.

lol @ stick on hood pins. That's all I could think about.

Haha me too.

True, but I'm sure he'd still get heat if he bought a new V6 Mustang.

Funny that people would bag on the Mustang V6. It's one of the best engine options that's ever been offered for the new platform. You get 305 horses, 280-pounds of torque and 31 mpg highway/19 city. Not too much of a trade off. Of course, you only get that mileage with a light pedal foot but it's still nice to have the ability to get decent mileage.

It's not a 2011... It's an '09.

For the 2005 to 2009 production years, the base model was powered by a 210 hp (157 kW) cast-iron block 4.0 L SOHC V6,

A new 3.7 L (3.72 L or 227 cu. in.) aluminum block V6 engine shaved 40 lb (18 kg) from the outgoing version. With 24 valves and Twin Independent Variable Cam Timing (TiVCT), it produced 305 hp (227 kW) and 280 lb·ft (380 N·m) of torque

*vom*

Bowtie all the way. The only respectable 'Stangs are the 5.0s (new ones and ESPECIALLY the old Fox bodies). However, there's a reason a lot of Mustang guys do LS swaps. =) Best stock platform out there, period.

Please oh please take the hood pin stickies off. Don't get real ones either, it just makes a slow car look stupid.

The 2012 Ford Mustang V6: Horsepower (SAE net @ rpm) 305 @6,500 @ 3750 lbs for a Power to Weight Ratio of: 0.0813333333333333 HP per LB
The 1993 Ford Mustang GT V8: 205 HP @ 4200 RPM @ 2,754 lbs for a Power to Weight Ratio of: 0.0744371822803195 HP per lb.
Not sure if that is how that works out but to me that is more HP per LB for a V6 vs a V8.
While I myself would prefer a V8 I can see how a V6 today with the gas prices and insurance rates would be a good choice for a LOT of people. Especially when you look at the salves of the V6 vs the V8. I at the point in time that they stopped making the Camaro and Trans Am that the V6 Mustang outsold the combined number of cars sold from all of the Pontiac Trans Am and Firebirds and Camaros all combined. Though I would still love to have the WS6 optioned Trans Am :hug::

Gratz on the new car.

Well, I'm ignoring all the drama to throw out some advice to the OP.

I've also found GIMP to be very hard to use. Until I had the funds for Photoshop and lightroom (I reccomend Lightroom first after using both), I used paint.net to edit my photos. It's a very basic version of photoshop. Has no advanced features or anything really, but it does allow you to do basic crops, color corrections, etc.

www.paint.net

Thanks to the people on this post that actually posted what is intended to be discussed., I think for now I'll just stay away from photography, til my photoshop is all fixed up.

As for the kiddos that want to talk about the stick on hood pins and whatever else, run along now. I can rice my car out however I want, and considering all I did was add one thing, honestly just stfu. Go gripe at the kids with their Honda civics and stick on vents and 16 inch spoilers.

Also,
I just love how I can stir up the people on this site. Every topic I post gets 3+ pages.

Most reactions

Back