My new camera

I've thought of selling my d600 and d7000 to fund a d750. But since it's not an even swap I'm not going to spend extra money.

I still use my d7000 alot but I'm finding, even with a ton of cropping the d600 still seems better even though mathematically it isn't.
Upgrading from the D600/610 to the D750 ?
I wouldnt bother, yes the D750 is above it but really the D600 is already a very good camera, I doubt you would see a huge jump in performance.

I still use my d7000 alot but I'm finding, even with a ton of cropping the d600 still seems better even though mathematically it isn't.

So, I have a basic understanding of crop factor, etc. and hear it's virtues are most seen in sports/wildlife shooting. Judging from what I've read and from your quote, the reason for this is because a crop sensor holds up to cropping in post more?

I work hard to fill the frame in-camera and really don't like cropping after the fact so, if this is the case, I've had another reason for sticking with a crop sensor removed...only one or two more to go and then I HAVE to go FF regardless of what my wife thinks... :)

Dont run to get an FX camera, the D5200 is an excellent camera, if it fulfill your needs then save the money.
As I said my D7100 was more then enough for me, I got the D750 because I wanted it for a LONG time but it simply didnt exist, now that it does I went and got it but that's crazy me.

I've thought of selling my d600 and d7000 to fund a d750. But since it's not an even swap I'm not going to spend extra money.

Upgrading from the D600/610 to the D750 ?
I wouldnt bother, yes the D750 is above it but really the D600 is already a very good camera, I doubt you would see a huge jump in performance.
Yup, there's nothing performance-wise that I don't like about the d600. another reason not to jump. The low light is fabulous and perfect for what I need it to do.

So, I have a basic understanding of crop factor, etc. and hear it's virtues are most seen in sports/wildlife shooting. Judging from what I've read and from your quote, the reason for this is because a crop sensor holds up to cropping in post more?

I work hard to fill the frame in-camera and really don't like cropping after the fact so, if this is the case, I've had another reason for sticking with a crop sensor removed...only one or two more to go and then I HAVE to go FF regardless of what my wife thinks... :)

Dont run to get an FX camera, the D5200 is an excellent camera, if it fulfill your needs then save the money.
As I said my D7100 was more then enough for me, I got the D750 because I wanted it for a LONG time but it simply didnt exist, now that it does I went and got it but that's crazy me.
Yeah... I've been through the whole decision making process regarding moving up to a d7 100. And I couldn't justify making that jump because the primary difference between mine and that one would be ergonomics. The thing that interests me currently in full frame would be the increased dynamic range and low light performance. But, I'm not interested enough currently to justify the expenditure.

Definitely congrats and I think the coolest thing of all is that you mention it fits your needs. That get's lost in much of the camera chatter.

It's also cool that the design is so similar to your d7100. I have read complaints that some cameras have not changed much in body design from one model to the next.

Definitely congrats and I think the coolest thing of all is that you mention it fits your needs. That get's lost in much of the camera chatter.

It's also cool that the design is so similar to your d7100. I have read complaints that some cameras have not changed much in body design from one model to the next.
You know there is a charm in constantly changing design but there is a strong merit in finding a basic good design and sticking to it.
As an example is Rolex Submariner which is in production for many year and its basic design is pretty much the same.
Also Porsche 911, which mechanically the Germans kept improving it the basic inside is same for many years.
If basic design is good then no need to change it just for change sake.

New gear is always great. Shoot the f#ck out of it. ;)
I will upgrade my D700 one day, but having the D7100 as well as the D700 makes an upgrade less urgent for me.
If there is a sale later on that gets me an 80-400 for $300 cheaper with a new body, then I may get a D750.

You'll LOVE full-frame :)

I agree, FX is nice, but in the end you still need to be able to take a good shot. A great camera won't make a bad shot any better.
Good technique and being able to "see" a photo is far more important than top gear - all things being equal.

I've seen some iPhone shots that make me think hard about how important the camera really is.

Just sayin'

Enjoy the cam tho. Post a crapload of pics so we can rip them apart.
At least we will know the camera can't be blamed.

Just kidding ...

;)

I will upgrade my D700 one day, but having the D7100 as well as the D700 makes an upgrade less urgent for me.
If there is a sale later on that gets me an 80-400 for $300 cheaper with a new body, then I may get a D750.

I agree, FX is nice, but in the end you still need to be able to take a good shot. A great camera won't make a bad shot any better.
Good technique and being able to "see" a photo is far more important than top gear - all things being equal.

I've seen some iPhone shots that make me think hard about how important the camera really is.

Just sayin'

Just kidding ...

;)

Elicited by my comment the other day?

I'm still waiting for the next improved DX.

Just sayin'

Just kidding ...

;)
True, like a new trumpet won't make one a better player but, it will usually encourage one to practice more.

I found that when I upgraded my D7000 to a D800, I shoot a LOT more. From like a few times a month to almost every day a week.

hey bud, congrats on the camera and I hope it aids you in your photography endeavors!

Most reactions

Back