my new computer

Alex_B

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
.. decided to move these to an actual gallery ;)

1: them boxes arrived :)
comp_7757.jpg

2: content
comp_7758.jpg

3: the fatherboard
comp_7759.jpg

4: again
comp_7760.jpg

.... continued ;)

5: Mr Chip ;)
comp_7762.jpg

6: .. and his new home
comp_7763.jpg

7: open the door
comp_7765.jpg

8: finally moved in
comp_7767.jpg

9: The neighbourhood ... plus some air conditioning ;)
comp_7768.jpg

good choices. I love my Gigabyte board, very reliable.

What Radeon card did you get?

and what is silent pipe? I haven't been keeping up with computer hardware since I've been poor :)

Looks good. Does your case have a window? I'll have to snap some shots of my rig (dust it out first haha). I've got a bunch of blue LED fans and a neon tube to give him some bling.

What Radeon card did you get?

It is an XpertVision Radeon X1950 Pro Super, 512MB GDDR3, DVI, TV-out, PCIe.

and what is silent pipe? I haven't been keeping up with computer hardware since I've been poor :)
I am poor now :p

Well, silent pipe is basically just a heat conductor system which conducts the heat away from hot components on the mainboard.

Looks good. Does your case have a window? I'll have to snap some shots of my rig (dust it out first haha). I've got a bunch of blue LED fans and a neon tube to give him some bling.
No, since the window would be on the left side, which is facing the wall ;) (see image)

comp_7775.jpg

It is an XpertVision Radeon X1950 Pro Super, 512MB GDDR3, DVI, TV-out, PCIe.

I am poor now :p

Well, silent pipe is basically just a heat conductor system which conducts the heat away from hot components on the mainboard.

No, since the window would be on the left side, which is facing the wall ;) (see image)

comp_7775.jpg

god, I love how your desk is so neat...mines a friggin mess lol.

awesome, and great choice in video card.

I have been looking at the x850xt because newegg.com has it for sale for 70 bucks. I hear it competes with the X1650s but I'm not sure how true that is. Yeah I know its old hardware but it would still beat the x700 I got as a budget card to fit my PCIe slot with my new mobo. Either way the 850 is a big step up and would allow me to run AA and AF in my source games. It's a serious consideration.

Also, my computer currently faces the wall like that as well, but now I am thinking of moving it to the floor (since I have started using DAEMON tools to image my CD's, ie no changing disks). Just need to move the sub out of the way.

Looks like you have a great setup.

god, I love how your desk is so neat...mines a friggin mess lol.

well, then do something about it :p

Actually now there is a small box on top of my computer where i store all that messy things like pens, some paper, unopened mail (bills of course ;)) when not needed.

Great looking stuff.......good luck!!!

Thanks! And it works already, everything is installed, I am quite happy. I was hard work to enter all those license keys for all that software which accumulated in my collection ;)

Also, my computer currently faces the wall like that as well, but now I am thinking of moving it to the floor (since I have started using DAEMON tools to image my CD's, ie no changing disks). Just need to move the sub out of the way.

Looks like you have a great setup.

As for the sound, while at the computer i often use headphones, but it is also connected to my AV receiver & sound system (via the white cable channel on the left wall, can be seen in the image) in case I need some bass ;)

holy wow, ive never seen a table so clean.

I prefer my tables messy.

actually all my tables and desks at home are like the one shown... I just prefer it that way ;)

congrats on the new toy...but i have to agree...desk is so clean it's spooky!

aww, come on, it actually is dirty! there is a fingerprint in the left front corner, you just cannot see it clearly on this image ;)

And there is some pizza crumbles on the ground, which are just too small to be seen :p

Heya, wow. This looks good, Alex!
Neat-freak, who you are.
Wow.
I think you'll feel physically ill in my home, should you come round to see me here once, like next year in May or so :shock: It just isn't in my nature to have my surroundings so tidy and clean!

Most reactions

Back