My New D600's LV SUCKS!!!!!

Keoki

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am severely disappointed in Nikon! This is my first really expensive camera and there is a lot to love about it. The learning curve is high, but I'm getting the hang of it. My boyfriend shoots with a Canon and his LV is perfectly clear and readable. When he adjusts the aperture and/or shutter speed it assimilates it on the monitor. That's how it should be. Nikon isn't so clear and is impossible to see in bright light. It doesn't assimilate changes in aperture or speed when shooting stills, so to me it's totally useless. I wish I had bought a Canon! With that said, if Nikon improves their crappy LV in a future model, I will definitely sell my D600 and upgrade.
If anyone has additional thoughts about this, feel free to respond.

Seems like a pretty small complaint on an otherwise great camera. Frankly the LV is only good for composition and video. You'll have better luck with using the light meter and then adjusting accordingly.

The LCD screen is really there for menu command and image preview.

There is not a perfect camera. Just an owner how thinks it is... Lol I have a Sony A55 and I love mine, but I have a friend that has a Canon 7D, and There are several options I like on it better than mine. She feels the same about her camera.

I find Live View to be universally irritating and awkward regardless of the camera system.
Even if one is better than the rest, it's really just a matter of sucking less.

How do I use liveview on my D800?

I hate Live View. One of the reasons I was so excited to get a dSLR is so I didn't have to fool with the dang LCD screen!

One thing I do already wish my Nikon D3100 had is a button that closes the aperture so you can see what the DoF will be at a particular f-stop. I've got an old Pentax film SLR that has that feature and I loved it.

I dunno. I've never used it for anything either. Never had a need to since the viewfinder works just fine for me.

OP is implying the canon users use it for stills!
dblthumb2.gif

The LV screen is faster and easier to use then getting down in the mud or snow in order to use the viewfinder to frame your shot. It is also perfect for street shooting, since you can shoot from the waist.

The LV screen is faster and easier to use then getting down in the mud or snow in order to use the viewfinder to frame your shot. It is also perfect for street shooting, since you can shoot from the waist.

This logic only applies to bodies with tilt screens like the D5X00.

My Sony has a tilt screen and even moves around. Never use it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back