My new lens

jinjoh_ninjoh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi all,
today I purchased my first lens,
it is a Canon EF 55mm to 200mm 1:4.5 - 5.6 II usm Ultrasonic.
has anybody had one of these or used one of these before??
Thanks,
Sam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, it's a fairly common entry level telephoto lens. Nothing that's going to blow your pants off sharpness wise.

Hi all,
today I purchased my first lens,
it is a Canon EF 55mm to 200mm 1:4.5 - 5.6 II usm Ultrasonic.
has anybody had one of these or used one of these before??
Thanks,
Sam

that's a really old lens, if you on a crop one of the 55-250IS/stm telephotos is sharper but it doesn't have USM

Enjoy your new lens, great to have a bit of telephoto range now

The OP has the "NEW" Mark II version, which has an unusual design that did away with the dedicated manual focusing ring, and instead relies on the user to turn the inner barrel...a system I have never seen before. Even though it's an entry-level lens, it's probably better than 95% of the zoom lenses of the 1970's, and with which millions of good photos were made. I'd shoot it, learn what it can do, learn how a tele-zoom functions on your camera.

Canon EF 55-200mm f 4.5-5.6 II USM Lens Review

Thanks guys I know it's not the best lens in the world but for now it's okay, I don't really have the funds ATM to be buying the better more expensive ones and tbh I am happy using these lenses to help my improve my skills.
I will start to save up for a better lens :)
Thanks for your comments guys :)

Thanks guys I know it's not the best lens in the world but for now it's okay, I don't really have the funds ATM to be buying the better more expensive ones and tbh I am happy using these lenses to help my improve my skills.
I will start to save up for a better lens :)
Thanks for your comments guys :)

Sure it isn't the best lens there is, but not many of us can afford everything we want. The important thing is you have a new tool that you can learn on. Probably 99% of everyone in here started with entry level gear and has moved up, I know I did. You can still make great images without the latest and greatest.

A 50-200mm will be a nice all around lens! Do you have any photos taken with it you can post? :)

A 50-200mm will be a nice all around lens! Do you have any photos taken with it you can post? :)
This is my first photo with it :)
7b5716220591f2ee946b7b084e0a77a3.jpg

Most reactions

Back