My new toy: Minolta SR-T 201 w/ photos

Alex_Holland

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I went and bought a well taken care of Minolta SLR this weekend. SR-T 201, with 50mm Minolta lens and a Canon Speedlite flash. 35 dollars. Clean, and works great. Here are some photos from the first roll. Kodak BW400CN, that came out weird. Kind of greenish in some angles and lights.

Some are underexposed, overexposed, some are out of focus. I'm still learning my way around the camera.

Minolta Roll 1 by brodown12, on Flickr

I wanted a Minolta SRT-201 sooooooooooooo badly when I was in junior high school!!

That was a really successful model for Minolta. Simple. Reliable. Priced fairly. Built to last.

That was a really successful model for Minolta. Simple. Reliable. Priced fairly. Built to last.

Obviously it has lasted. Mine's in great shape. Although a bit intimidating at first, I feel more comfortable with it now. Analogue SLR's are really cool to play with. I love, love, love the light meter in the viewfinder. Greatest thing ever.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I had the 101 for many years then the XG-M. Good cameras.

My dad had the 101. He had lenses and what not for it too. Said he paid 200 dollars for the camera originally in a small camera shop in Memphis, TN in the early-mid 70's.

BW400CN usually has a goofy cast to it. (T400CN did too.) Usually purple when I scan it. Desaturate it...problem solved.

BW400CN usually has a goofy cast to it. (T400CN did too.) Usually purple when I scan it. Desaturate it...problem solved.

Yeah...definitely something funky happened at the lab...Because when Wal*Mart sends off a roll of 400cn to the Fuji lab it comes back good.

Something funky will invariably keep happening at the lab because it's chromogenic, pseudo-b&w.

Yeah...definitely something funky happened at the lab...Because when Wal*Mart sends off a roll of 400cn to the Fuji lab it comes back good.

The green cast is normal for Kodak BW400CN. It's a C-41 film; not true black and white.

Congrats on the camera. I have a SRT-202. I also like the simplicity of the hourglass/needle light meter.

The green cast is normal for Kodak BW400CN. It's a C-41 film; not true black and white.

Congrats on the camera. I have a SRT-202. I also like the simplicity of the hourglass/needle light meter.

Good to know. I've got a lot to learn about film. Oh well, just desaturate in Photoshop. Yeah, the light meter is pretty cool.

Good stuff! I picked up the same camera and lens for $10 at a flea market and it's taken some of my best photos!

They shouldn't have to send it anywhere - it's C-41.

Are these scans of the prints, negatives, or pictures from a CD?

If you want to get rid of the color cast, scan in greyscale, or convert the files to greyscale if you're not scanning it yourself.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back