My new toy: Minolta SR-T 201 w/ photos

If you want to get rid of the color cast, scan in greyscale, or convert the files to greyscale if you're not scanning it yourself.

I scan the prints myself, so I guess just scan in greyscale. I kind of like the green though. green/purple kinda.

The color casts you're seeing are a product mostly of the printer. This film is being printed on color paper. You're looking at crappy color chemistry and uncalibrated (or barely calibrated) color printers.

Although you can't really get a decent film scanner nowadays, a film scanner is still better than a flatbed. You'll get the most from your film and your Minolta if you scan the negs, whether you shoot true B&W or something like BW400CN (or chromes, for that matter).

About the only halfway decent film scanners nowadays (new, anyway) are the Plustek units.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Nice pictures, I have minolta X-7A, love it. Takes amazing pictures, so simple and easy. Minolta's the way to go!

Nice pictures, I have minolta X-7A, love it. Takes amazing pictures, so simple and easy. Minolta's the way to go!

Very nice! I think that one's a little newer and more high-tech than mine, but a cool camera I sure.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back