My Newest Finds

Mitica100

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
OK, I confess... I didn't find these on Ebay! But I couldn't resist.

First, is a Thornton Pickard roller shutter, made from oak and metal with rolling curtains. It's a very old piece, I place it around 1910-1920, it's functional and its use was for LF cameras that had lenses without shutters (barrell) on. This shutter will take a lens of a specific diameter and place it in front of the shutter. Then the entire shutter/lens assembly was mounted on the camera. Here is a picture:

TP.gif
And here is one mounted on a camera:

761-1.jpg

Second, a Wollensak wide angle lens in a Bettax shutter. It's a 6 and 1/4 inch f/8.5 to f/45 uncoated lens in perfect condition, used for 8x10 work.

Here it is:

lens_a.jpg

Holy crow! Great finds!! Jeez, I love old photographic gear!

Hey, you don’t suppose my old Fujica ST605 is worth anything, do ya?

I didn’t think so. Oh well.

DepthAfield said:
Holy crow! Great finds!! Jeez, I love old photographic gear!

Hey, you don’t suppose my old Fujica ST605 is worth anything, do ya?

I didn’t think so. Oh well.

Your Fujica (in good condition and with the normal lens on) is worth anywhere between $50 and $85 at today's fair market values. That means you might get that if you sell it on Ebay. A dealer will either not buy it from you or offer you something like $10.

Mitica100:

Thanks for the info! I don’t think I could part with that old Fuji though… It was my first SLR. Bought it brandy spankin’ new in 1975-76(?) for a whopping $149 bucks! Quite the price at the time, particularly for a high school student that cleaned carpets and sold the occasional bag of weed (Hey! It was the 70’s!) for hobby money.

DepthAfield said:
Mitica100:

Thanks for the info! I don’t think I could part with that old Fuji though… It was my first SLR. Bought it brandy spankin’ new in 1975-76(?) for a whopping $149 bucks! Quite the price at the time, particularly for a high school student that cleaned carpets and sold the occasional bag of weed (Hey! It was the 70’s!) for hobby money.

Yeah, hang on to it. It has more sentimental value if anything else.

And the 70s were great! Been there done that...:lol:

Mitica100 said:
Yeah, hang on to it. It has more sentimental value if anything else.

And the 70s were great! Been there done that...:lol:
Hey! We don't condone that kinda talk here at TPF. :whip: Our rules state it clearly: what happened in the 70's stays in the 70's.... :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back