My Nikon D3 just came in this week....

Vaporous

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.melisjphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
In addition to my current D80 I just purchased my new D3. Unfortunatly I haven't had enough time the past two days to experiment with it as much as I'd like. I've been really busy at work and at home. Anyway this weekend I'd like to experiment more with it in the studio and I'll post some of my results. From what little time I've had to experiment with it I can tell you that the D3 is exactly what I expected and more. I've been wanting this camera for months and doing as much research as I can. It is truly amazing and unbelievably fast. I knew it would be heavy but in comparison to the size of my D80 it was quite humorous. I did have a chance to pop off a quick comparison shot with the D3 and D80 side by side in the mirror last night. I know its a bit blurry but I wasn't exactly trying to get quality, mearly just a comparison shot of the difference in size. I think I'm going to name it "the tank".:thumbup:

Me.jpg

TANK.jpg

err can i come in ur studio so u can play with it ?
i wont steal it or nufin :cool:

I've never seen anyone hold a camera like that before...

I dunno, a Nikon rep came in the store yesterday and I used a D700 yesterday side by side with our D3 and D300 and the D3 is definatly not worth $2000 more for an extra card slot and integrated grip. Also, with the D700, not only would you save $2000, but you could also use your SB-600 off camera in TTL through CLS.

I dunno...just seems like wasted money to me....but as long you're happy.

I ordered my D700 a few days ago, I would Love the D3 but for 2 grand less and the Same ISO performance I could not Resist.

Sw1tchFX-I was holding the camera like that to show the size difference without my hands gripping all over it (I was trying to display it ......sort of). I do not normally hold a camera like that but thanks for noticing-lol:)

I am very happy with it:) Also with any new camera (or any new technology for that matter) there will always be something out there later that will come along.........

SpeedTrap-Congrats on your new purchase as well:)

Ya the D3 is great I use one at work though if you just got it maybe should have waited until the D3x would have came out, but it is still an amazing camera. I going to try and test a D700 and see how it feels vs the D3.

Ya the D3 is great I use one at work though if you just got it maybe should have waited until the D3x would have came out, but it is still an amazing camera. I going to try and test a D700 and see how it feels vs the D3.

Try the D300, it will "feel" identical to the D700. Same body and should be very close in weight. Even uses the same grip extension as the D300.

If your trying to be funny, your not.

Humor was not my goal. I own them both, the D300 w/grip and a D3. If "feel" is your concern, then the D300 will "Feel" the same as the D700 as they are the same body. If you have another meaning for the term "feel", then I apologize. But to me "feel" means just that. If you want to compare file quality, then just consider the files equal or very near so between the D700 and D3. Otherwise, I don't know how to take the term "feel". If you didn't like my answer, then I'm sorry. But I also didn't appreciate you reply.

Most reactions

Back