Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Both shot with my Z6 at F4

NikonZ2470mmF4S.JPG
NikonZ50mmF1.8S.JPG

A while back I read the dPreview review of the 50 mm F1.8 lens for the Z-Series Nikon cameras. And of course I have read some extremely positive things about the 24 to 70 mm Z series zoom lens. Apparently the 50 is really good even wide-open at F1.8 significantly better than An F mount Lens. According to what I read from Ming Thein The 24 to 70 mm zoom is amazingly consistent in its quality across The aperture range, and across the focal length range, and across the whole frame.

Several years ago people who are really into lens design came up with the idea that getting rid of the mirror would make it possible to design significantly better lenses. I am waiting with quite a bit of anticipation to see how good lenses such as their 85 mm F1.8 will be, especially since the newer G series 85 mm lenses are incredibly sharp and crisp.

I wish I had some time to test the 50 out more. Just came back from New Orleans and Florida (both photogenic) but now my chores and daily life are kicking back in. Ughhhhh

I actually returned the Z 50mm F1.8S. Why? It was an awesome lens. But I still love my AF-S version and I got the FTZ adapter so I can use my AF-S glass and not worry about spending anymore on the Z lenses 'till prices settle down some.

I have a very similar setup!

Nikon Z6 with:
- AF-S 20 f/1.8
- 24 - 70 f/4 S
- 50 f/1.8 S
- AF-S 70 - 300 f/4.5 - 5.6 VR

And my next lens is going to be the 85 f/1.8 S...or the 70 - 200 f/2.8 S if I win some kind of lottery that I don't participate in.

I can however not understand why you would ever sell the 50 f/1.8 S. In my opinion it's one of the greatest lenses Nikon has ever made.

I have a very similar setup!

Nikon Z6 with:
- AF-S 20 f/1.8
- 24 - 70 f/4 S
- 50 f/1.8 S
- AF-S 70 - 300 f/4.5 - 5.6 VR

And my next lens is going to be the 85 f/1.8 S...or the 70 - 200 f/2.8 S if I win some kind of lottery that I don't participate in.

I can however not understand why you would ever sell the 50 f/1.8 S. In my opinion it's one of the greatest lenses Nikon has ever made.
I simply returned it. I'd rather keep my 50mm 1.8G and bank that $500.00. Just me. It is/was awesome. But for $135.00 for my 50mm 1.8G, I'm happy. I may end up with my Z glass down the road. Just not in a hurry. I love the FTZ.

Most reactions

Back