My oil pastel work

snowbear

Fuzzy, wuzzy Nanuq
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Dropping a note in here because I forgot to earlier: I'm posting my oil pastel stuff now in an open-to-all Pastels and Watercolors thread. Thanks for starting it for us, Snowbear! :)
No problem, Terri. I was at a drawing session this afternoon, and did two figure drawings, one charcoal.graphite, one straight pencil.
Well, where are they?!
Is it time to re-name our new thread? The Pastel/Watercolor/Charcoal/Graphite thread? :1247:
I'll get them up in a bit, but they are a bit NSFW. I can tell you, I am really out of practice when it comes to drawing people.

daviddarwin091

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
What kind of oil pastel paper do you use? I work with oil pastel paper. They feature a high gsm and a toothed texture. If I wanted less tooth, I'd go with sanded paper. Watercolor paper, on the other hand, is my go-to option for a seamless color mix.

OP
terri

terri

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
What kind of oil pastel paper do you use? I work with oil pastel paper. They feature a high gsm and a toothed texture. If I wanted less tooth, I'd go with sanded paper. Watercolor paper, on the other hand, is my go-to option for a seamless color mix.
Hi, and welcome to TPF!

My go-to paper is Arches oil paper. It has moderate tooth. I have used sanded papers and tend to avoid them because they eat up the sticks quickly and I don't gain much ease of use from them.

Watercolor papers differ widely by brand, as do oil pastels themselves. I generally find them a bit too smooth.

Most reactions