My old film camera

runnah

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
very old, a little dusty but still works. Tooks these on a large mirror I have.

a-1 by runnah555, on Flickr

p.s. this is for sale if anyone wants it.

While we shouldn't get attached to "things" in this life, I'm sure this has sentimental value? I'd be wary to let it go. :blushing:

While we shouldn't get attached to "things" in this life, I'm sure this has sentimental value? I'd be wary to let it go. :blushing:

Not really.

But you could own a piece of history. Imagine telling your friends how you own runnah's first camera!

Ahhhhh, the venerable Canon A-1--the world's first five-mode camera! Revolutionary in its era, truly. Yeah, those came out after the AE-1 and later the AE-1 Program had shattered sales records for 35mm SLR cameras, and I think the success of its cheaper stablemates, and their market penetration, really actually hurt the A-1 sales figures quite a bit. It was truly far ahead of its day. Far,far ahead on the technology front. If a family or person already had an AE-1 or AE-1 Program, I think the general trend was for most people to say, "I already own a great camera-so why upgrade?"

Ahhhhh, the venerable Canon A-1--the world's first five-mode camera! Revolutionary in its era, truly. Yeah, those came out after the AE-1 and later the AE-1 Program had shattered sales records for 35mm SLR cameras, and I think the success of its cheaper stablemates, and their market penetration, really actually hurt the A-1 sales figures quite a bit. It was truly far ahead of its day. Far,far ahead on the technology front. If a family or person already had an AE-1 or AE-1 Program, I think the general trend was for most people to say, "I already own a great camera-so why upgrade?"

I inherited it from a relative who upgraded to the next model. I loved it back in the day. Still I am impressed with the build quality as all the lenses are still butter smooth and feel much better than today's plastic bodies.

very old, a little dusty but still works. Tooks these on a large mirror I have.

a-1 by runnah555, on Flickr

p.s. this is for sale if anyone wants it.

Now just get a micro four thirds camera & a FD to m43 adapter & you can use those old but good lenses.

Took this today with a Canon FD 50/3.5 macro on my m4/3.

Moss & lichen.

$P6110001.jpg

Most reactions

Back