My own little model

jovince3000

Fried potato lover
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So recently I've been taking lot of picture of my niece and I decided that it was overdue to have a more professional shoot with her. I convinced her mother and then had the chance to work with the little sweety for the entire day. We had a blast! Here's some of the best picture of today, also profited of the occasion to take some of the little sister, here's a little teaser of the whole series.

Comments & critiques always appreciated !

(might take a little to load, they are full res after all)

Amalyah-19-07-2015.jpg

Amalyah-19-07-2015-2.jpg

Amalyah-19-07-2015-6.jpg

Rylee-19-07-2015.jpg

Peace!

Last edited:
She is very lovely young lady :)

I guess 2 and 3 win it for me ... In #1 her face is smooshed up by laying on her hand ... In the last one I don't think the cupcake is needed, and it's out of focus ...

For me (I am a total newb) I think the best images of children are NOT smiles ... The best are moments that express wonder and newness to the world, or even sadness or confusion, mystery ... For me that seems to invoke a sense of nostalgia about that that time of our lives. Just a bit of rambling :)

#1 is a pose that is not appropriate for a child
#2 is very nice
#3 has depicted her head much larger than her body (remember; children's heads are already larger proportionally than adult heads)
#4 is more about the props than the child's face

Last edited:
#1 is a pose that is not appropriate for a child
#2 is very nice
#3 has depicted her head much larger than her body (remember; children's heads are already larger proportionally than adult heads)
#4 is more about the props than the child's face
1. Agree
2. For some reason, this one isn't working for me; I think it's the length of her hair makes the composition appear unbalanced.
3. Agree, but I think that the perspecitve and composition hide enough of her body it's not really an issue, and the expression and lighting work very well.
4. Agree.

thank you all for the critiques, greatly appreciated !

Knew I would get it for the #1 pose :biggrin-93:. Mother of the child asked me for a "sexy pose". The pose they wanted were... well let's just say that if you consider this pose to be crossing the line, you would have crossed the door with what I was asked to shoot. I proposed a safe alternative which gave number 1.

Sadly @tirediron , I fail to see how the hair break the composition in #2. Do you know precisely what break it or is it just a feeling? It would help if you could point out exactly what cause it. The hair does give a feeling of deforming the head. I could try to use the liquify tool to reshape it a bit?

for #3, @Designer that's something I didn't even consider, thanks for pointing it out! I shot this one at 50mm on a cropped sensor, which most likely is the cause. I could have dodged that bullet with a slightly telephoto lens and went further back a little.

@kdthomas I agree with you, but then again I have a huge log of those picture, that's why I wanted the more "posed professional" look, I do agree that candids are the best when it come to child though ^^

on a side note, I need a posebook for kids. Anybody got a good one to recommend?

It's rather hard to quantify, but the impression I get is that she's had something draped over her head; if the hair reached her shoulders, it would work fine, but because it only comes part way down, it just looks 'wrong' to me. Sorry, can't be any more descriptive than that.

thanks! Just bought it, will give it a read.

It's rather hard to quantify, but the impression I get is that she's had something draped over her head; if the hair reached her shoulders, it would work fine, but because it only comes part way down, it just looks 'wrong' to me. Sorry, can't be any more descriptive than that.

Don't be sorry, you're trying to help. I'll try to reshape the hair a little and see what I can come up with. thanks!

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back