MY personal website

Couple of observations about navigation. Once I am in a gallery, there doesn't seem to be a way to go back to see the gallery list again without going back to the home page and then going into galleries.
To get back to the home page: on some pages you have a "Home" link whilst on other pages the home link is "WESTYNIMAGES". Maybe think about whether this inconsistency is an issue or not.
In the READ ME page, I was surprised to see so much text devoted to "how to navigate the website". Two things: (1) I wonder how many people will actually bother to go to this page (despite you telling them to do so on your home page) ... and (2) maybe a website navigation should be more intuitive so that it doesn't need a lesson in how to do it. I can't think of too many sites that include this (and I suspect that it is because web navigation should be obvious)
The other thing I noticed was that after browsing for a little while I had about 8 browser tabs open from westynimages - not sure how I feel about that - probably more negative than positive??

Hello Ace. I appreciate your observations. Every website has its own...ermm issues?? I am not a professional photographer by any means... and I am horribly computer illiterate. I am sure there are people who don't bother to read some of the pages, and perhaps the excessive information is born of my computer illiteracy. Something to think about. Like I said I have just got started so I am still playing around with it all... it is like a new toy right now. Happy Holidays. :1251:

On further reflection... I realize that my website is... well... garbage. Thx for your opinion anyway Ace... I am just going to leave it not bother with a website. Too much to figure out and I am like an single cell virus when it comes to understanding website building. I am not even a professional... so I am just wasting money.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back