My pets

doenoe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.daanschouwe.nl
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Made some shots of my pets tonight, had nothing better to shoot :) And after that i played in PS
Sooooo, here are my pets:
Bob (used to be Bep, but we found out it was a guy later on)
baardagaam011.jpg

Truus:
baardagaam012.jpg

And Spot:
spot050.jpg

Thanks for looking
Greetz Daan

I have loved that Beardie enclosure of yours, since I first saw photos of it...must have been 6 years ago.

Great shots.

I like them all, and I VERY much like the photo of Spot!
My daughter wants to build herself a terrarium any time soon now and later get herself a snake.
Which one's the best "starter snake" for a soon-to-be 14-year-old, what do you say?

very cool. is that a boa? how big will it get?
I'll answer for Daan, I have a snake of the same breed. It's a Ball (or Royal) Python (not a boa). They get to a maximum of about 5 to 6 feet...although 3 to 4 feet is more common. Very docile and nice snakes...can be tricky to feed sometimes though.

Which one's the best "starter snake" for a soon-to-be 14-year-old, what do you say?
I'm not sure what is avaliable over there...but here in North America...the best starter snakes are usually 'Corn' snakes. A Ball Python, like Daan's, might be a good one to start with as well...but as mentioned, they can be tricky eaters.

I had a royal python when i was about 14/15. Adored it! Think the snake shot is wounderful!

thanks for the comments everyone :D
And Mike, i know i took some time to make that enclosure, but 6 years is just a tad too much :er: It took me about 18 months to built (could have made it way faster, but i wasnt in a hurry) Igo the beardies for about 3 years now.
Corinna, most people go for a ballpython (like me) or a corn snake. Both are nice snakes, but i just liked the looks of a ball python more. Like Mike said, they can be difficult eaters. Sometimes they just stop eating, but its nothing to worry about, as long as they dont loose lots a weight during the time they dont eat. Not everyone can handle that and try to get their snake eating no matter what. But as long as the temperatures and humidity are right, its just a case of having patience (most of the time). They dont need a lot of room, i still have mine in a Curver, but will start a new enclosure and will post pics of it when i finish it :)
Chicagophotoshop: i saw you started another thread for the border thing, ill reply in that thread. And as you will allready know now, it is not a boa and wont ne terribly long :)
Anyways, thanks for the compliments again :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back