Status
Not open for further replies.

DigitalEditor

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello Everyone,

I would just like to let you all know about my brand new website: Pro Digital Photo Editing | Professional Photo Editing

I offer many different services, from basic retouching to very advanced editing. I also have my own unique editing of photos for a special look. Please check out my website and spread the word if you can. It would be much appreciated. I also am open to your suggestions. Thank you very much !

Doesn't look very "professional" with that "made with Wix" image all over the place. Go ahead, pop for some $$$ to get a real website!!

In addition to what Snerd said, I'm afraid I don't find your work very appealing. Much of the processing seems very crude and heavy handed, and images where you've used layer masks show a distinct lack of finesse in the masking process. There is a large market for professional digital retouchers, but I think your client base is going to be very limited unless you can show a higher caliber of work.

In addition to what Snerd said, I'm afraid I don't find your work very appealing. Much of the processing seems very crude and heavy handed, and images where you've used layer masks show a distinct lack of finesse in the masking process. There is a large market for professional digital retouchers, but I think your client base is going to be very limited unless you can show a higher caliber of work.

What do you mean by crude and heavy handed ? The work posted has also been resized so it loses its quality, as stated on the website. What exactly do you find lacking in the work itself ?

Doesn't look very "professional" with that "made with Wix" image all over the place. Go ahead, pop for some $$$ to get a real website!!
I realise the "made by wix" makes it look less professional, but as it is my first website, I did not want to pay a lot of money for a website if it did not succeed. I planned on upgrading or even moving to a different server in the near future.

What do you mean by crude and heavy handed ? The work posted has also been resized so it loses its quality, as stated on the website. What exactly do you find lacking in the work itself ?

Most of the edits look like really basic stuff, certainly without the finesse and smoothness that I would expect back if I sent any work out.
Any of the 'after' photos posted here would get panned immediately based on the edit work alone.

Lastly, you are spamming a community.
If you want to advertise, advertise.

Most of the edits look like really basic stuff, certainly without the finesse and smoothness that I would expect back if I sent any work out.
Any of the 'after' photos posted here would get panned immediately based on the edit work alone.

Basic stuff would mostly be retouching colours or contrasts, I showed a different variety of edits, not just basic. Second, "spamming a community" ? This website allows up to to promote our websites, which is what I did. If you don't have anything constructive to say, I suggest you don't say anything at all.

Am I the only one who feels like that site could have been a guerrilla marketing move for Napoleon Dynamite?

Basic stuff would mostly be retouching colours or contrasts, I showed a different variety of edits, not just basic. Second, "spamming a community" ? This website allows up to to promote our websites, which is what I did. If you don't have anything constructive to say, I suggest you don't say anything at all.

Am I the only one who feels like that site could have been a guerrilla marketing move for Napoleon Dynamite?

This is a forum for constructive responses not for trolling. All trolling replies will simply be reported as such.

For example:

Page one, second image, elderly lady. The original image is sharp and clear, with appropriate skin tone. Your version gives her an orange look, and over-use of blur (or high-pass filter) has softened the image to the point where it appears almost ouf of focus.

Fourth image, same page, young lady with sunglasses. The original is a little flat, but your "edit" has increased the contrast in an unattractive way as well as cost most of the detail in her hair.

Page four, second image. Your layer mask was very rough, and her skin colour is very un-natural in appearance.

The first thing that I would ask is: Are you working off of a good-quality, colour-corrected monitor and being cognizant of your colour spaces? I'm well aware that compression can have a detrimental effect on image quality, but not to this extent, I don't think.

Your first post on the site is a post of self promotion, so yeah, that's a wee bit spammy. As far as what constitutes a basic vs advanced edit, I'd say your ideas of basic and mine are a bit different. Changing colors is easy. Cloning is pretty straight forward as well. Yes I'll grant that reconstructing areas can require finesse and an eye for detail, but at such a small resolution it'd be hard to tell if you had that eye. Adding a Gaussian blur is both very easy and usually in poor taste. High quality retouching is more about attention to detail than it is about wizz bang effects. You don't want your processing to stand out.

Typically people here are not 'promoting' a website that sells services to the members, but websites that display their own photography.
What you are doing is what is called 'advertising.'

Constructively I can say that your work as shown is way, way below the quality level that anyone I know would expect.
In regards the website, using public domain or creative commons sources for edits really screams beginner without clients or one's own work to provide examples..
Not believing in yourself enough to spend a couple of hundred dollars for a basic website using any of the many theme-based sources signals insecure and inexperienced.

For example:

Page one, second image, elderly lady. The original image is sharp and clear, with appropriate skin tone. Your version gives her an orange look, and over-use of blur (or high-pass filter) has softened the image to the point where it appears almost ouf of focus.

Fourth image, same page, young lady with sunglasses. The original is a little flat, but your "edit" has increased the contrast in an unattractive way as well as cost most of the detail in her hair.

Page four, second image. Your layer mask was very rough, and her skin colour is very un-natural in appearance.

The first thing that I would ask is: Are you working off of a good-quality, colour-corrected monitor and being cognizant of your colour spaces? I'm well aware that compression can have a detrimental effect on image quality, but not to this extent, I don't think.

Are you clicking on the expanded views to view it a little better ? You see, with the elderly lady edit, I did want to create a soft focus look, so it's intended to be blurry. My edits are supposed to create different looks not just make an original image more "detailed". That's what makes every editor or editing different. Different people want different things. And for the lady with with glasses, her hair was supposed to be very contrasted. The image was supposed to represent how certain magazine images look. I think you are looking at these images as a "photographer" and are searching for more "detailed" looks. I appreciate the feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back