My photo used on a Czech website

SoulfulRecover

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ran across one of my photos on a Czech website this morning. Im not mad, just would like it taken down. I was going to email them however with it being in Czech, would the person even understand what I am asking? Should I just email and see what happens?

if you are the curious type, heres the link: Letní speciál o slune?ních brýlích II. ?ást | ?ernábílá.cz

Its the brunette with orange dress and white sunglasses.

Send your note in English. If the webmaster doesn't read English, he will probably find someone who can.

Translated the page and it gives credits to image authors....if they don't list you then you may have to chase that person down also (whoever is taking credit for your work)

Translated the page and it gives credits to image authors....if they don't list you then you may have to chase that person down also (whoever is taking credit for your work)

I didnt see any credit when I did the google translate. Ill go look again though

Edit: saw it at the very end. If the image is credited, can it be used with out permission then?

Quote from site: " Author introductory picture: bcrudo

Image author in the text: Shutter_Inc.

Image author in the text: Stinna"

This was just below the picture of the girl in blue after whatever commentary there was about her

No your image can not be used without permission even with credit, unless you released it under a creative commons license.

I've had this happen to me as well, apparently my images are very popular over in Eastern Europe and a company actually released a line of puzzles based on them..... At the end of the day the hassle of trying to go after them just wasnt worth it. Just something for you to consider before wading in and causing yourself undue stress....is it really worth it?

The only thing I would do is ask them to pull it. If they refused, honestly Id just say screw it but I give the benefit of doubt that people are kind and are willing to do the right thing when asked.

I do remember this shot, it was posted on TPF a while ago. Great shot btw. Most young Czechs speak or at least read English so it should not be a prolem.

Ran across one of my photos on a Czech website this morning. Im not mad, just would like it taken down. I was going to email them however with it being in Czech, would the person even understand what I am asking? Should I just email and see what happens?

if you are the curious type, heres the link: Letní speciál o slune?ních brýlích II. ?ást | ?ernábílá.cz

Its the brunette with orange dress and white sunglasses.

Yeah...a good photo. Well worth stealing actually! I cannot read the language, but i bet it goes with the text! You know you're making good pictures when people start stealing them and using them to illustrate articles.

from the article via google translate:

"In the first episode , we introduce you to some hot summer tips for trendy sunglasses. In the course pilots are timeless, elegant edges and round glasses inspired by John Lennon. On his coming to lovers of exclusive design and pastel colors. But how to choose the right shape to fit exactly to your face? You can fall in love with disgustingly precious stones Svarowski dotted with glasses, but what you will, when they are not in? The glasses you have to not only feel good, but must fit like a glove.[h=2]The oval face? Sitting everything![/h]
(my image here)

Owners oval face can congratulate. There is almost no limits and fits them almost all types of glasses. So it depends only on your judgment and trend type to fall in love and you wear them. The only shape that is not recommended is the one with thick-rimmed round. You can choose according to color glasses, all types of glass and therefore do not have to worry about whether you will sit. Worse is that a round face, which strictly do not fit round glasses. How much better do you do when you bet on a triangular shape, which gives optically sharper facial features. An excellent choice is needed glasses or rimless The heavy broad-rimmed. If you have a square face, choose sunglasses which soften your features. This is done by selecting the rimless glasses or those in the shape of a cat eye. "Cat eyes" this year are not only trendy, but also your perspective lends a new dimension. With these glasses you can go to celebrate the event and to work. Be elegant and at the same time their!

(other image)

What to do if you have a heart-shaped face? The ideal choice is the square glasses, which gradually expand outwards. Also suitable are round or oval shaped glasses. Bet on security - the pilot that never go out of fashion. On the other hand rather quickly forget sunglasses with large lenses, which would unnecessarily stressed tapering chin. Choose from the summer collection of glasses and go for neon colors, ethnic motifs and shiny design."

The only thing I would do is ask them to pull it. If they refused, honestly Id just say screw it but I give the benefit of doubt that people are kind and are willing to do the right thing when asked.

Let us know how you do. I looked at your work, nice clean stuff. In the future only put your pix on the net at places that don't allow downloads. You can disable downloads at Flickr.

I'm the other way with my photos...I encourage people to download and use my pix. But I don't make a living at it so $ is not on the agenda...freezing time is.

Thank you for all the links!

Let us know how you do. I looked at your work, nice clean stuff. In the future only put your pix on the net at places that don't allow downloads. You can disable downloads at Flickr.

I'm the other way with my photos...I encourage people to download and use my pix. But I don't make a living at it so $ is not on the agenda...freezing time is.

Thanks. Ill have to go check my flickr settings. I had it at one point where you could not download the images but I must have changed it or something at some point.

Most reactions

Back